Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Flynoceros Aether - Project White Lightning

RENOV8R

Reaction score
Started this project a couple days ago. Going to try something a little different for the flight stack, a write-up and parts list are coming. Here's a sneak peekAether 012.JPG

Yes, they're 6" arms. Here's a full parts list:

Emax 2306 2400kv Race Spec motors
DALRC F405 flight controller
DALRC 40A Engine ESC
Lumenier Edition Runcam Eagle 2 Pro
TBS Unify Pro V3 video transmitter
VAS Minion vtx antenna
RDQ Series 4S 100C 1300mah lipos
Genfam Flash 6X4.2 2 blade props
WhiteNoiseFPV mounting board for Unify Pro
WhiteNoiseFPV Racewire
Taurus camera protectors

So far I'm lovin' this frame, same high quality I expect from Flyno and the Aether has so many build options:
3" to 8" arms
20mm or 30.5 flight stack mounting
micro, mini or full size camera option

As you can see in the diagram, it has a 2 piece arm system sandwiched in between top and bottom plate with flight stack mounted on the top plate, giving you the ability to replace the arms by simply removing the 4 bottom screws and removing the bottom plate. Very cool.
Aether 002.JPG

Attachments

• aether_assembly-03.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
I like my builds to be neat and tidy, so it always irks me that I have to mount my video transmitter with sticky tape and zip ties. That's why I was pretty excited when I came across this product from WhiteNoiseFPV that lets you mount your Unify Pro onto your flight stack. There's 3 available for the 5V, HV and Micro vtx and they're pretty slick! There's a ton of ways to wire this up depending on your build with pads on both sides for passthrough and the ability to connect camera, smartaudio, etc. The coolest part is that you can mount any receiver on the bottom side by jumping the correct pads on the top of the board. One of the main reason I'm using this is that the Unify is notorious for getting very hot, and the WN board has a large pad that the Unify contacts to dissipate heat. I did a quick test and unmounted, the Unify read 42C after 5 minutes. Mounted, it only got up to 36C. That's a big difference. It's a very easy install, as there are 3 contact points designed into the Unify for soldering it onto the board. I'm using the 5V version with the Unify Pro 58G V3 and the FRSky FM+. Here's a few pics of the board and the assembly, as you can see, it makes for a very nice clean build with the 4 in 1 ESC on the bottom, F405 fc in the middle and the WhiteNoise board on top
WhiteNoise 006.JPG WhiteNoise 009.JPG WhiteNoise 008.JPG WhiteNoise 010.JPG WhiteNoise 012.JPG

Love it! I love my sixes also, You will have to learn to live with at least some vibes and lots at worse. The fastest quad I've built so far is a 6" Leopard with emax 2306 2700 kv motors, its really fast and the vibes are hardly noticeable....cause it's sooooo fast

I also have a 6" leopard with the same motors you are using and they have loads of grunt on the low end,(especially with the 3 blade gemfans) you'll love them
Thanks, I'll definitely give them a try. Just thought I'd go with the 2-blade to start and make sure those Emax motors can handle the load as most most 6" setups use a lower kv motor.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Cool, just what I want. No crazy stuff, just fast midrange cruising. (cuz my Spark's only good for 30mph haha)
Kinda chuckling as I saw this post from a while ago where I didn't want anything too crazy. Here's a new Aether build I finished on the weekend for myself. Awesome new Brother Hobby Speed Shield 2207.5 1750kv motors and RDQ 6S lipo powered.Henna Aether 006.JPG

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax