Welcome to DroneRacingPilots!
Join our free drone racing community today!

Flyno RatKwad Build

RENOV8R

Reaction score
As they say on Monty Python, now for something a little different.

I know there's a few Flynoceros fans here that'll be interested in this beastie. It arrived a couple days ago and although I haven't opened it up or weighed it, I must say it's a tank. Yes, it's more of a novelty item but as soon as I saw it I had to have it. Reminded me of the Parma hemi Coupe that I had back in the day...
HC.png

Reactions: Wayno52

RENOV8R

Reaction score
I had a chance
to look at this frame and start putting it together and my first impressions are:

-Typical of Flynoceros, you could probably run it over with a transport truck with little to no damage

-quality of the carbon fibre parts is excellent

-you don't realize how big this frame is until you start assembling it. I haven't weighed it or done any measurements, but it's a tank

-with like 14 parts and nothing to go by but a couple photos, it took quite a while to figure out how everything fits together

-considering this frame costs well over $100, the least they could have done is toss in a couple battery straps

-I don't know what printer or filament they use, but quality of the 3D printed parts is amazing

-I was concerned about the COG but in mocking it up a bit on the weekend, seems it will be quite well balanced

-the camera mounting plate only accepts the bracket for a micro camera. This OK but it would nice to have the option of mounting a full-sized camera

-lots of room for at least a 4S 1800mah lipo, maybe bigger

IMG_0051.JPGIMG_0053.JPG

Reactions: rtkDarling

RENOV8R

Reaction score
Got a little done, motors are wired up to the ESCs. So far this is a fun build. This is a 280mm frame, so as you can see in the side-by-side comparison with a 5" CMW Smooth Operator, it's got some bulk to it. So far I'm using:
-Brother Hobby Speed Shield 2207.5 1750kv motors
-XRotor Micro 45A 4-in-1 BLHeli_32 ESC
-BrainFPV Radix flight controller

IMG_0058.JPGIMG_0062.JPGIMG_0063.JPG

Reactions: rtkDarling

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec345453