Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Flying at the local spot FPV freestyle

Very nice....hopefully some day I'll be that good.

What are you rates set at if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: raymonFPV
Thanks man!
RcRate 1.16 and Srate 0.83 and 0 expo

Since I'm new to Cleanflight...I got a followup question. Would that mean you put 1.16 for rate setting for pitch, roll, and yaw? Not sure what srate is, so little help there would be good. 0 on expo I think I understand, basically means you get a 1:1 in stick movement to actual control, as opposed to exponential control...is that right?

Since I'm new to Cleanflight...I got a followup question. Would that mean you put 1.16 for rate setting for pitch, roll, and yaw? Not sure what srate is, so little help there would be good. 0 on expo I think I understand, basically means you get a 1:1 in stick movement to actual control, as opposed to exponential control...is that right?
I don't know how the rates are in cleanflight. I'm using betaflight 3.1.6! Since Betaflight 3.0 the rates are changed. The rcrate is basically the sensitivity around midstick. srate is the max speed it can flip. betaflight automatically sets the expo to a smooth curve...

Do you know of any documentation on how these settings work? Most places just say they do the same thing. I will give your rates a try.

Last edited:
Yeah seems like I might have to look into installing Betaflight since thats what the cool kids are into these days.

Do you know of any documentation on how these settings work? Most places just say they do the same thing. I will give your rates a try.
Just check out the wiki of the betaflight github! Home · betaflight/betaflight Wiki · GitHub
I don't know your skill level, but if you're still learning you might not want to try these rates! They are pretty sensitive at the ends... RCrate is really a preference thing. But when starting out with betaflight, don't set the srates higher than 0.75 at first.

I've been playing with these rates in BF3 as well. I figure if I can find the sweet spot it'll make it easier to learn to fly better. Right now I'm running RcRate @ 1.0, Srate for Roll & Pitch @ .70, SRate for Yaw @ .77 and Expo @ 0.

The best I can assess, these rates are very subjective to how "your" brain and fingers work. Basically, determining what you think a roll or flip should be. When I had them defaulted, a roll or flip for me would come up short and slow. Too high and it's too quick and fast, so I over-roll. Finding that sweet spot makes a roll or flip what your mind and fingers think it should be. That's the best way I can describe what I think I interpret these rates do.

Jerry

I have been flying with (1, 0.7) for a while, recently been trying (1, 0.8) and (1, 0.9) with decent results. I want high rates on the ends but smooth in the middle. Right now I am trying to learn flips on my brushed micro in limited space since I can't fly my mini right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax