Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Flight One vs Betaflight

Scv Flyer

Reaction score
Hey all I am about to build 2 identical quads to be my everyday rigs and have some consistency with them and hopefully push to the next level. I have always flown betaflight and was thinking if I am going to be buying FC’s anyway maybe I should give Flight One a shot, however I’m a little hesitant as I feel confident in betaflight and know my way around it. Has anyone tried both that can give me an opinion?

Thanks guys!

Reactions: Jtrjr and Wayno52
They both have pluses in my opinion, but FL1 I found a bit more constrictive in how you can set it up compared to BF, but may fly a little smoother. Betaflight has a million settings and the dev's try to get a reasonable tune for us out of the box, FlightOne is more canned options. I look at them like a PC (BF) vs a Mac (FL1) because one is much more open source and one is what it is and you only can do so much about it. That being said, some of, I think, the best pilots fly FL1 like Skitzo and Cricket for instance, and some others like Steele fly Kiss and always have. That is also why I will never be a great pilot, I fly 3"-6" and 4s-6s, and BF and FL1 all in the same day sometimes, no consistency means no consistency... but I am having fun! ;)

Thanks for the advice. I ended up sticking with what I know and bought the CL Racing F7 Dual V2.1 stacks. A big factor was that I could afford to get 3 identical builds going that route so after a few weeks of building and a couple hiccups, one stack just melted down for no reason, flew a pack landed, went to the table and switched out the packs and poof was only the 4th pack!! But they replaced it, and on FC had bad gyros the quad would ya to the left when hard on the throttle. Boy that was exciting to be flying straight and hit the throttle to split s and be suddenly 180 degrees to the right without any yaw input, I finally have all of them built! Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me!!! Here’s pic’s of two of them. The third one is the same as the orange one except has iFlight Xing 2208 1800kv motors instead of the Hyperlite 2208 1900kv motors on the other. I also picked up a rebuilt Hero 7 and gotta say Hypersmooth rocks!!

Attachments

• C65573AA-210E-428D-81B8-D0DE7DCFD027.jpeg
    C65573AA-210E-428D-81B8-D0DE7DCFD027.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 87A5FEEA-3F50-4803-B716-ED7EBE65DB75.jpeg
    87A5FEEA-3F50-4803-B716-ED7EBE65DB75.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members