Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Flight # 7 with the goggles........and my hands are still shaking !

Danny Z

Reaction score
The weather finally warmed up enough yesterday to get the Impulse RC Alien out to play.................This is my 1st time trying to embed a video, if it doesn't work , please bear with me, I will keep trying.....................:)

Danny Z

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OK, so what did I do wrong, The video looks like it has been altered, the rolls look more like barrel rolls, and there are times when the video seems to speed up...............thoughts ?????

Danny Z

Danny,

Looked good to me! I liked the roll, upside-down, into the flippy thing (I have no idea what it's called). You nailed the landing too! Thanks for sharing!

Jerry

Hey Jerry !
The move where you roll inverted and pull out the bottom is called a "Split S"
It was the maneuver I practiced first when flying RC Helis, it helps for a couple of things:

1-its the 2nd half of a loop (or Power Loop in the case of multi rotor)
2- it allows you to get used to "inverted hang time"

Hopefully I will pick up the Run Cam 3 when it becomes available and will not have to post DVR footage !!!!

I have to admit, except for throttle control, Free Rider did help a LOT to transition to the real thing, probably more than the Tiny Whoop.

As an observation, while the RRC Heli skills definitely helped with the hovering aspect, In my EXTREMELY short FPV flying experience (for me anyway) the simulator is what has helped me the most.

Danny Z

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput