Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

First time building a drone (tyro109) connection problems

aegerus

Reaction score
hey guys. i new to the drone community and recently got myself the tryo109 kit. build it with no problems, plugged the battery in through a smoke stop no problems there. battery lights it up just fine and it had no problems connecting to my controller but it wont connect or light up through usb to my computer. I've also noticed that downloading and installing the stm virtual comport drivers that nothing shows up in my device manager. basically usb is not recognizing that anything is there. I've been watching videos and searching for answers for a couple days now and couldn't find anything similar to the problem I'm having.

any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

I've tried using a couple different ones in all of the usb ports on my computer and none gave me anything. maybe ill give the OTG a shot, thanks

I don't know if it would make a difference but in the ports tab, any chance you've disabled the vcpvcp.jpg

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Haven't been able to get it to connect to my computer at all. Haven't gotten to that screen. Could be a driver issue. Downloaded the stm32 driver through beta flight and installed it. Said it was ready to use in the installer but doesn't show up on my device manager list. Using impulseRC and zadig both turn up nothing as well.

The FC board main chip is a STM32F405 so I thought I needed the stm vcp driver. (which for some reason still isn't even showing up in devices after I reinstall it) Is this not correct?

Alright I'll go through that more in depth and see what I can find when I'm not at work :p thanks for all the ideas and help!

One other thing, when you ran the IRC Driver Fixer, did you have your USB plugged in and Betaflight opened up?

Also, before you ever touch it with solder it is a good idea to plug it into your PC and make sure it boots, runs, and things like the gyro are responding to board tilts. It is a shame to spend all the time building to find you have a DOA FC, and it can make getting a replacement easier if you haven't soldered on the board.

Didn't you say you have no LEDs on the FC when you plug the USB cable in and you have tried numerous USB cables? If so, the problem is in the FC hardware not the software.

Did you bridge (solder) the jumper (3 dots) next to the port of your reciever? Depending of the brand of your reciever (sbus: left and middle) or ppm, dsm of ibus (middle and right) dot on your F4 board. See the picture on page 6 (bottom left )of your manual. Be carrefull! the dots are very small and bridge only 2 dots!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax