Welcome to DroneRacingPilots!
Join our free drone racing community today!

First setup feedback

Reaction score
Gday, so yeh I'm looking to make some purchases in my first bit of drone gear so just want your opinion:

Goggles- fatshark scouts
Tx- frsky 9x lite s
Drones- happymodel lava x and happymodel mobula 6

So I can practice inside and outside as well,

When I step up to a 4 or 5 inch drone I'd be looking at upgrading to dji goggles but these fatsharks imo seem to be the best value for money as I'm not a fan of the small fov on the fatshark dominators

Any feedback or suggestions?

HighTechPauper

Reaction score
For a few more dollars you could get Skyzone O2C's, goggles is the toughest decision in this hobby.
I wouldn't buy any of the new Frsky TX's no matter how inexpensive they may seem, this is the second toughest decision in this hobby.
Goggles and TX are critical, get the wrong thing and you have trouble and/or realize it was wasted money.
All this SHOULD work if you get the XM+ or R-XSR rx version of the Larva, and don't have issues with the D16 mode of the Mob6.
I emphasize SHOULD since the specs are correct, but if you have trouble there is not much help out there for you since very few are buying that radio.
We will of course do anything we can to help if you have questions.

Reaction score
For a few more dollars you could get Skyzone O2C's, goggles is the toughest decision in this hobby.
I wouldn't buy any of the new Frsky TX's no matter how inexpensive they may seem, this is the second toughest decision in this hobby.
Goggles and TX are critical, get the wrong thing and you have trouble and/or realize it was wasted money.
All this SHOULD work if you get the XM+ or R-XSR rx version of the Larva, and don't have issues with the D16 mode of the Mob6.
I emphasize SHOULD since the specs are correct, but if you have trouble there is not much help out there for you since very few are buying that radio.
We will of course do anything we can to help if you have questions.
can i ask what transmitter would you recommend? i used to own a spektrum dx6 but the dx9's are like $700, is there anything more reasonably priced or this is a good choice? is the dx8 enough transmitter?

HighTechPauper

Reaction score
Best bang right now is the RadioMaster TX16S, they are shipping now so you may find it in stock somewhere, but likely would need to pre-order and wait a few weeks. If I was to buy today that is by far the radio to get.

Reaction score
Best bang right now is the RadioMaster TX16S, they are shipping now so you may find it in stock somewhere, but likely would need to pre-order and wait a few weeks. If I was to buy today that is by far the radio to get.
awesome they look really decent i will look at pre ordering one, soo looks like i'll go for the RadioMaster TX16S with the Skyzone O2C googles, these googles have gotten great feedback on youtube and that so they look to be a winner cheers mate

Reactions: HighTechPauper

HighTechPauper

Reaction score
Keep in mind, you will likely want better antennas than come with them, that's going to increase your overall cost. You can run the ones that come with them for a while, but good antennas are the best cheaper improvement you can make on the picture.

Reactions: graywoulf

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Insanetec