Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

First Racer - motors

korpaczov

Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to build my first racing drone aka I have no idea what I am doing.
let's go straight to the point, I bought Lumenier frame QAV-R2 Slam (5''size). So now It's time to buy motors however I want to make sure I am not wasting my money.
If frame description says nothing about motors size, How do I know which motors will fit my frame? Also, does anyone have any experience in building a racer on SLAM frame? Is there anything I have to take into account?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Most motors available now all use the same bolt pattern, so they'll fit your frame.

You'll probably want 2207 or 2306 motors, the kv depends on your battery setup. I encourage people to build with 6s rated parts, and if it's your first quad you can fly it on 4s and it will be easier to learn on. That would put your kv at about 1700.

The "slammed" frame is more about fashion really, and may make your first build just a little harder. All it means is that the standoffs are shorter, so there's going to be slightly less room for you to work with vertically inside the frame.

I like this store if you're in the states, they ship from cali.

You can also take a look at this for all the tools and essentials you'll need to build and fly

Last edited:
Most motors available now all use the same bolt pattern, so they'll fit your frame.

You'll probably want 2207 or 2306 motors, the kv depends on your battery setup. I encourage people to build with 6s rated parts, and if it's your first quad you can fly it on 4s and it will be easier to learn on. That would put your kv at about 1700.

The "slammed" frame is more about fashion really, and may make your first build just a little harder. All it means is that the standoffs are shorter, so there's going to be slightly less room for you to work with vertically inside the frame.

I like this store if you're in the states, they ship from cali.

You can also take a look at this for all the tools and essentials you'll need to build and fly
Thank you for your reply and explanation :)
I have a quite limited budget for my first drone so I'd like to buy cheap parts with 'decent' quality. here is the link:
Motors - You reckon these motors will be okay?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
You reckon these motors will be okay
I have to say no, those motors have a reputation for being garbage. These are about the cheapest motors I can recommend

EMAX ECO 2207 Brushless Motor

If they're less than $10, I would stay away personally.

Take a look at this build, I really trust this guy and he's got a good parts list. He also walks you through his whole build. It ends up being about $200

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax