Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

First FPV setup, what to buy?

Hoyle

Reaction score
Hey all, I am brand new to the FPV scene and am looking to piece together an entire FPV setup. I'm looking for something to fly around outside in my neighborhood and surrounding fields.

I saw the Emax Tinyhawk RTF combo for $165 which seems like an amazing deal, but the video quality isn't as great as I'd like, and I think it would be cool to DVR videos to post online as well.

What's my best cost effective options out there for an entire setup that's compatible? Goggles, radio, drone, and anything else I may need. Hoping to stay under $300-500 all in.

(FYI I do have a nice charger that I use for RC cars, so don't count a charger into my total cost)

Last edited:
Welcome!
This is probably the most common post we get around here because there's SO MUCH information that it's hard to wrap your arms around.

Start with a good controller, a set of intro goggles and a brushless micro (like that tinyhawk) I wouldn't get the RTF kit because the goggles and controller are junk. Don't worry about video quality at first, you're going to need some time to learn to fly before you're publishing anything.

Watch this video, it'll give you an idea of what we're looking at.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obistevekenobi