Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

First FPV drone build

Jawnyb

Reaction score
Hey all! So I’ve been looking into FPV drones for a little while now and finally deciding to pull the trigger and get one!
I’ve put together a build, and just wanted to get others opinions and also some help if I’m missing anything, or you just have something to add! Thankyou

Current Build;
-Diatone 2019 mk3 5 inch frame
-t motor f40 pro II
-rush Cherry RHCP MMCX antenna
-rush VTX tank 5.8g
-MAMBA f722 flight controller
-frsky xm+ micro mini receiver
-ahtech infinity battery 1500mah

Camera- Dual caddx tarsier 4k

headset- Tobyrich TR1 EV800D
Controller- FrSky Taranis X9 lite pro

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Unless that's the MAMBA stack not just the FC, then you're missing your ESC. They sell the FC as a stand alone, or the "stack" which comes with the ESC board and the FC board together

Another thing to note is your cell count and your motor KV which you didn't list. Assuming it's a 4s battery, you're looking at the 2400kv F40s (you can do the 2600, but that's a rocket for a first build IMO). If you're building 6s go for the 1750kv version (or even the 1600kv for longer flights)

Reactions: Futuramille
Hey, welcome to the forum!

Unless that's the MAMBA stack not just the FC, then you're missing your ESC. They sell the FC as a stand alone, or the "stack" which comes with the ESC board and the FC board together

Another thing to note is your cell count and your motor KV which you didn't list. Assuming it's a 4s battery, you're looking at the 2400kv F40s (you can do the 2600, but that's a rocket for a first build IMO). If you're building 6s go for the 1750kv version (or even the 1600kv for longer flights)

Hey! Thankyou! Long time lurker haha! And Thanks for the quick reply!
Sorry, I forgot to mention that yes it is the stack and not not just the standalone.

The battery is 4s, 15c
And yeah, I was looking at the 2400kv f40’s, I may take your advice there and go for the 1750kv version!

Other than that, would the build be good to buy?

There have been a lot of bad reviews on that transmitter, not a lot of videos to set up and trouble shoot too.
The original seems better or the q7 may be better for you as it has plenty of videos. Just a thought to look into.

BTW welcome to the forum.

My bad I read it wrong, I thought it was just the X lite pro.

Good parts, but a 15c battery is a BIG no no. You need 45c or better. (Good is 80-100+)

If you go with the 1750kv you'll need to upgrade to a 6s battery. 1300 mah 6s 80c
Do you mind if I ask why 15c is bad and 45 or more is better?
I’m not entirely sure I understand it

There have been a lot of bad reviews on that transmitter, not a lot of videos to set up and trouble shoot too.
The original seems better or the q7 may be better for you as it has plenty of videos. Just a thought to look into.

BTW welcome to the forum.

My bad I read it wrong, I thought it was just the X lite pro.
Thanks for the welcome! Hope to be part of the flying gang soon :)

You had me worried for a moment, I’ve tried to make sure I’ve looked into the products properly, before jumping into buying them

Reactions: Wayno52
The C rating is basically how fast you can discharge the battery. A higher C rate can deliver more amps, and that's what we need for our application. Low C rated batteries are good for slow bleed applications and they're cheaper.

This is a childishly simple breakdown, but you know what I mean :)

For our purposes, we benefit from batteries that are capable of discharging very quickly, and high C ratings allow us to do that without damaging the battery too much. It is worth keeping in mind that the C ratings for batteries aren't accurate, but generally the higher the C rating, the better suited the battery is for flying.
One thing you can do is when looking at what motor to buy, you will often see thrust test data. This depends on what KV and which propeller you will use, but vaguely standard motor sizes for 5 inch propellers use anywhere from 25-40 amps at 100% throttle for 6 cell batteries (22.2 volts). Times 4, that's anywhere from 100a to 160a, and ideally your battery should be able to output the correct amps for the motors. Realistically, pretty sure no lipo battery can do that, and you won't be flying at 100% throttle at all times, but the motors you have are pretty baller, so just get a battery that has a high C count to take full advantage of your specs.

Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax