Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

First Build

You just put a capacitor across the battery terminal (in parallel). My PDB came with one, I forget how many micro farads but probably the same as Phoenix mentioned.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Hey Jerry, Here is the pic's as promised.
IMG_0643[1].JPG IMG_0644[1].JPG IMG_0645[1].JPG IMG_0646[1].JPG IMG_0647[1].JPG IMG_0648[1].JPG IMG_0649[1].JPG IMG_0650[1].JPG IMG_0651[1].JPG

Just a little more elaboration on the capacitors.

When your flying hard and jamming the stick back and forth, its possible to get a wide range of voltages from the battery due to loading and unloading of the motors.

Jamb the throttle forward - motors will demand a lot of power from the battery. Possibly causing the voltage to drop rapidly. This could cause a "brown out" on your electronics. Starving them of the power they need to work properly. This could result in bad things happening in flight. Also, dropping the throttle rapidly (from a high level of throttle) could cause a rapid increase in voltage "voltage spike". The spike could cause equipment failures due to burning them out. Also bad for flight.

The CAP kinda acts like a spring. Absorbing the spikes(to some degree) and releasing power during low voltage situations. It's not perfect. But it's better than nothing.

Wow! Looks good to me. You've got no room in there at all. Have you thought about bumping up your standoffs by, say 5mm, it's give you a bit more room. Looks really good, Phoenix! So when's the maiden voyage?

Jerry

Wow! Looks good to me. You've got no room in there at all. Have you thought about bumping up your standoffs by, say 5mm, it's give you a bit more room. Looks really good, Phoenix! So when's the maiden voyage?

Jerry

Ya I've thought about bumping up the standoffs. But I like the overall look as is. The tight build gave me lots of problems. I'll think about expanding the frame when / if there are any rebuilds.

I have a busy schedule next few days. I'm getting the opportunity to rotate from 2nd shift back to a 1st shift position tomorrow. And I have a few projects I need to complete around the house. And I want to wait for the perfect weather too. Here in Arkansas we have a saying: If you don't like the weather today, wait until tomorrow. But I plan on getting her in the air within the next few days.

My birthday is today. And my Miss' birthday is in 2 weeks. Also our 30th anniversary is in 3 weeks. Planning an extended weekend in Vegas (first time).

Phoenix,

I hear you. Interesting side note, my birthday was 2 weeks ago, my wife's was last week and we celebrate our 30th in April!

Good luck and happy birthday!

Jerry

Reactions: PhoenixFord
Interesting side note, my birthday was 2 weeks ago, my wife's was last week and we celebrate our 30th in April!
Jerry

Congrats to you and yours AND Happy belated Birthday to you too. Pretty neat that we have more in common than just this hobby.

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas