Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Finish build help - electronic shorts

Doko

Reaction score
Hi,

Just finished soldering my quad ( first time) and I am doing a continuity test.
I have noticed the the vtx and camera signal wires create a short, also with the ground connection.
Is it ok?
The camera power is through the vtx. The signal of the vtx and the camera is connected to the flight controller.
I checked everything and it looks ok but it serms wierd and I am afraid to connect the battery.
Thank you.

Wiring the camera signal wire and vtx signal wire are ok when connecting directly to one another. I’m note sure how it translates when the are both touching the same pad on the flight controller.

As far as shorting something out when plugging the battery, I would suggest a smoke stopper. Smoke Stopper (XT30) by RDQ and BengineeringLabs - Modern LED , they make them for xt60 as well.

I smoke a brand new esc once and have been using smoke stoppers whenever I plug a lipo into my builds for the first time.

The signal wires are NOT connected to each other but to the flight controller.
The wierd thing is as written, that when checking continuity with the ground of the xt60 connector they both beep.

UPDATE:
I have disconnected the wires from the flight controller and when I check with a multi-meter I get the following things:
1. At the flight controller, the VideoIn and the ground are shorted (dont know why).
2.At the VTX, the signal wire is shorted with the ground wire.
Anyone has a clue if this is ok?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax