Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Finally charging up for a flight

Well, dang. I had a medium hard crash and broke my VTX! One resistor is fried, must have shorted out on the carbon fiber. I think it is too small for me to repair.

What are you using to stick your EQ to the frame? Oh - sorry about the vTx.

****! That sucks Green! These little buggers definitely need a lot more attention than my Phantoms. I spent an hour or so changing props out, modifying a few settings and cleaning everything up after my short flights the other day. I got an electric air blower to help with getting the dust out of everything, works pretty good. I hope you can get back in the air quickly!

Jerry

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001J4ZOAW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hmm. Well I'm using a little stronger tape. Makes me wonder if I need the tye too? Did you trash the vTx?

Phoenix,

I'm not sure what the EQ is? If it's the ESC's, I put some double sided mounting tape under mine than opted for a few wraps of electric tape instead of the zip-ties.

Jerry

Hey Jerry
I've got a roll of this stuff at home. And it is good stuff. I didn't buy it retail though. I happen to know someone that works for the manufacturer. ;) Just be careful what you stick down with it. make sure that you really want it to be there. Only thing I don't like about it though is that it is a little thick.
3M 4910 Double Sided VHB Tape, 3/4 In x 45 ft. - Walmart.com

I just picked up a roll of this. I like how it is thinner than the 3M. And it's clear. It seems to be just as strong though.
https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Toug...998&sr=8-1&keywords=gorilla+double+sided+tape

I plan on shrink wrapping the ESC's along with the tape for isolation against the CF frame. tGO has me a little concerned "now" if this tape will be strong enough to hold my stuff (vTx & Rx) in place during an impact. I just don't like the looks of the tye's.

The VTX didn't move all that much, I am surprised it burned out. It just scooted back about a half inch and angled up into the frame. Probably if I didn't have the zip tie it would have been fine, but it pinned it up against the frame when it slid. I will be electrically isolating it better from the frame with the replacement, and only using tape. I also broke my antenna a little bit but might try soldering that back together.

Yea, I'm using the Gorilla tape as well. I think that and the electric tape is working well for me so far. The tie-wraps concerned me as well. So far nothing on mine has moved at all. I'd do the shrink tubing if I was building from scratch as you are doing.

Jerry

Looking Good.

Sorry about your drone...seems like spare parts are something i will be needing to stock. I think i will go overkill on trying to beef things up. I imagine i will be having some big crashes...

I have had bigger crashes before than the last one, but have never broken anything but props and an RP-SMA connector before. I think I just mounted the VTX too tight with the zip tie. These things can take some pretty hard crashes without breaking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax