Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Finally, a break in the weather...

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Got to burn through a few packs today and had a blast! It'll be a while before I get through the good videos. My little Tinyhawk was a lot of fun, I'm starting to feel like I'm getting a little better. Here's a clip from the FS DVR, quality isn't very good but I'm getting a bit more confident.

Jerry

Nice work, got to ease yourself back into it and get the muscle memory up to speed. Are you running 25mW?

Flew my DC3 into a branch looking for a gap, bounced off it , had another go and cooked a motor. Grabbed another one and was slaughtered by the March flies (big deal over here in the west); crashed into a tree after being bitten on the neck. Bent a prop and grabbed another quad and was forced to retire after being being bitten on the face.
My wife was standing behind me trying to kill the buggers as they landed but she was bitten as well and ran inside.

The end.

Nice work, got to ease yourself back into it and get the muscle memory up to speed. Are you running 25mW?

Thanks, Tevek! Yeah, I'm starting to get a little back (wasn't that good to begin with anyway) but I'm putting the time and work in. I'm running the Hawk at 25mw, it actually doesn't look nearly as bad when I'm flying. It's the FS DVR, I think. I've good some higher rez clips that I'll start going through today. I've been watching quite a few clips from @rtkDarling and @ebeez (I like the way they fly). @rtkDarling had some really good suggestions for me a week or so ago so I spent some time trying to apply some of his recs. I haven't reviewed any of the clips yet so we'll see if I was able to pull any of it off soon enough!

Jerry

Thanks, Tevek! Yeah, I'm starting to get a little back (wasn't that good to begin with anyway) but I'm putting the time and work in. I'm running the Hawk at 25mw, it actually doesn't look nearly as bad when I'm flying. It's the FS DVR, I think. I've good some higher rez clips that I'll start going through today. I've been watching quite a few clips from @rtkDarling and @ebeez (I like the way they fly). @rtkDarling had some really good suggestions for me a week or so ago so I spent some time trying to apply some of his recs. I haven't reviewed any of the clips yet so we'll see if I was able to pull any of it off soon enough!

Jerry
I’ve never been able to grab decent footage from my FS, although my DJI HD setup is other worldly with regards to footage. I’m never going to be a gun pilot with most of my flying being cruising around with occasional acrobatic stuff out in the open and I’m more than happy with that. I can burn 20 - 30 packs with no issues and then break three quads in the one day and feel pretty stupid about it all. Yesterday was one of those days so maybe today I’ll get back into the groove again.....

Yeah, I hear you. I've spent the last few weeks working on things just to fly for a few hours yesterday. The few hours were a blast but it was a lot of work prepping for them. I do want to try to get better, I'll never be much, probably a bit too old now but I really want to keep seeing improvements. Yesterday felt that way to me, I feel a little better than the last time, that's all I can ask for anyway. I'm trying to post up a 2.7k video now from one of yesterday's packs. I'm not ready for the DJI stuff yet, a bit too rich for me this soon back. And I'll always have a bad taste in my mouth with DJI after all the crap they try to force you to do just to fly the birds you already bought and paid good money to get.

Yeah, I hear you. I've spent the last few weeks working on things just to fly for a few hours yesterday. The few hours were a blast but it was a lot of work prepping for them. I do want to try to get better, I'll never be much, probably a bit too old now but I really want to keep seeing improvements. Yesterday felt that way to me, I feel a little better than the last time, that's all I can ask for anyway. I'm trying to post up a 2.7k video now from one of yesterday's packs. I'm not ready for the DJI stuff yet, a bit too rich for me this soon back. And I'll always have a bad taste in my mouth with DJI after all the crap they try to force you to do just to fly the birds you already bought and paid good money to get.
Regarding the DJI stuff, it was always the main reason for switching to racing drones as I was sick of the endless updates, no fly zones et al, and probably foundless fears of being spied on.
I’m the other side of 60 and I need all the help I can get with flying and when the digital gear came out, I ate beans on toast to be able to pay for it. It really is that good and is keeping me in the game and pushing me to try harder. No see - no fly.
I flew my analogue gear today and whilst I can still get around pretty well for my level of flying, the detail is not there and the experience diminished. Yeah I know, first world problem, but I’m more than happy to go without food to keep trying to get better at this game.
Weird heh?

Regarding the DJI stuff, it was always the main reason for switching to racing drones as I was sick of the endless updates, no fly zones et al, and probably foundless fears of being spied on.
I’m the other side of 60 and I need all the help I can get with flying and when the digital gear came out, I ate beans on toast to be able to pay for it. It really is that good and is keeping me in the game and pushing me to try harder. No see - no fly.
I flew my analogue gear today and whilst I can still get around pretty well for my level of flying, the detail is not there and the experience diminished. Yeah I know, first world problem, but I’m more than happy to go without food to keep trying to get better at this game.
Weird heh?
I hear you on the DJI updates! DJI almost has as many as Microsoft does!? ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax