Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Fellow Arris Owners!!!!

broncosdad1317

Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering if someone could help me with my pid settings and my tuning of my new Arris x220 v2 (not the pro v2 and not the original x200) she just hit the market and are no videos and or tutorials or anything in that matter. i guess ill just take an overview or some helpful pointers and or some pid settings you know would work :)

ARRIS X220 V2 220MM 5" FPV Racing Quad RTF w/Radiolink AT9S

The reason I ask is that quad (or its FC) should have a good stock tune. You may need to lower some rates, just ask here when ready, we'll help ya. Did you connect to betaflight?

yeah i was just basically asking in general and i have betaflight and as for the rates thats what i was meaning i want to be able to move fast not slow you know i wanna flip fast. ive foung in life starting with the hardest gets me the best the fastest :) any imput on that would going with slower rates be smarter for starting out. should i start on horizon mode or go straight to acro. i am a pretty good pilot and have been flying with drones for about 2 years maybe alittle less just never owned a racer/freestyle quad before :)

If you are flying well in acro on a sim, you will do great. I don't recommend high rates, unless you are using expo. If you just set it up, i recommend arming with a switch, and go out for a quick test, get a feel for it and you'll know what adjustments are needed. I would use caution until you can surely control it, these things will humble you quickly. It usually takes several crashes to find all the tweaks to keep stuff from breaking

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Cool thanks. So most deff I should do a simulator first? I know how to fly quads. Just never acro also I don't have goggles yet. Can't afford that part just yet so it's line of sight for this guy :). Any pointers with that

Get some cheap goggles man. I used an eachine ev800 set for about a year before upgrading. They were good goggles for about $50 at the time. Now there are even better choices around that price (eachine VR-007 is supposed to be nice). FPV is the fun part, and much easier to fly than LOS in my opinion. The goggles I fly to this day (eachine goggles two) were only $160 but luckily they are the type I like best. I would not trade them for any fatshark for example.

In any case, best of luck!

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Green is absolutely right, as usual. I recommend NOT flying los in acro, as its very difficult and something you can learn later. You can download a sim for free, learn to fly acro on the sim first. Menwhile, you can fly los in horizon (self leveling) mode if you want. I'm 1yr into this hobby and i struggle with acro los still, getting better tho

Reactions: Wayno52
Bronco if you can, make that budget get you some goggles. As Virtue said Los in acro is not easy. The goggles will help you progress faster imo. Heaps of choices out there now for a reasonable price.

I just can't get myself to spend a portion of what I've been saving for the fat shirts are a cheaper pair goggles of us to line of sight in horizon mode for a month then get my fatsharks.

I've learned in life buy smart buy once. Trying to save some money on equipment to make your experience easier is like trying to stop a clock to save time. Doesn't make sense. I'll buy those shitty cheap things and they'll work okay but not very well prolly cause me to crash my quad a lot from the noise and breakup and when I could have put that $80 towards my fatshark a and getting em that much faster :)

As for the goggles I'm very set. I've done extensive research and there's just nothing out there performing like these. But for all other aspects I'm open to any info or tips. Yes sir she's in the mail just waiting anxiously like a child haha

Yup we’re all kids at a candy store when we get to spend some of the bosses money that we earned lol.
I don’t have fs I have skyzone so can’t compare. But sometimes you don’t need to pay for the label.
Just sayin bro

Reactions: broncosdad1317
There is nothing wrong with not wanting to waste money. But it may not be so simple.

There is no guarantee that you will like the fatsharks better than even a VR-007. Not to mention a higher quality single screen type. I hope you like them but personally, I do not.

Also, once you do get your goggles of choice, you will probably want another set for spectator (and backup) use so they will not go totally to waste.

Also, $50 will not delay your purchase for long, and you could be practicing the easy, fun part sooner.

Just my $.02 :D
best of luck!

I feel both of you 100% it's just with my budget there's not even room for $50 extra. Right now at least. And as for paying for the label your correct for most instences but this specific one it's not the case. Fat shark are good and that's been tested and proven. So the label side is nothing but a name. I'm buying for what's inside :). Thanks for the insight though. If I come across an opportunity to make some extra money so I can get some cheap goggles to practice with first then I will do that. Just don't see that happening as of now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: theGreenOrange

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax