Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Favourite Antennas

Just sent an email looking for another opinion/options with another crew and see how that flies. I’ll let you know if it’s anything groundbreaking.
Got my GTB 339 yesterday so I’ll be setting that up and probably crash it later....
If it's made as well as the GT 349 you'll love it. I got mine from a reputable builder who only had a few flights on it. Talon F7, Hawkey VTX/Fortress cam with mmcx lollipop, I tell you what, I have beat the $h*t out of that thing being fairly new to acro and pushing myself to fly more aggressive lately. It just smiles and asks for more..lol.

82516607_639684206771779_8906857132100419584_n.jpg
{Didn't have a good pic of mine currently, this is photo from builders ad, he sold several, custom printed shark fin shell too.}

Last edited:
Hi all, just wondering what your favourite Antennas are on both quads and goggles.

Well, just got the DJI air unit and goggles on a Megabee, and I am blown away, that was mostly for my business, it will be a while before I can go all digital in my personal collection. So for analog I still use FatShark Dom v3s, and was using the True D V3 module, but one of the tiny pins broke, so only one antenna was working. ,So upgraded to Dock King with True D-X module, using the furious poker chip patch and extended length pagoda (it was a package deal) and then a lollipop on most of my smaller quads. I couldn't believe how much difference a ground station made. I mean the True D-X is a good diversity module, but in just my goggles I didn't see a ton difference in quality of video. With ground station though, and not worrying about moving your head, the quality was a bit better but the range almost doubled! Was super pleased. I have tried a couple different circular polarized antennas, and I can't seem to beat that extended length pagoda, the poker chip is nice too, but sometimes use immursion spiroNet patch, like in Tevek's pic, and it's great too. I'm in love with lollipops, have them on almost all my quads, in fact, the TrueD v3 that one antenna broke, I put a lollipop on that for when i might not have DK, and I can hardly tell I'm not using diversity.
(EDIT: I Don't use D-X on goggles because you have to do that mod with running ribbon strip to other side for extra voltage D-X pulls, parts are included, but looks like a pain, so it permentantly stays on Dk.)

I thought it would be a pain to do the whole diversity set up crap, but I found a cheap $10-$12 extendable tripod that fits in side sleeve of my backpack, mounted a little metal parts tray on it, since the DK has magnetic bottom, zip tied a couple connectors and wires to tripod and I can set the whole thing up in like 3min. If I'm in a hurry and want to fly just one or two packs before sunset, I just grab the DK by itself, and magnet it to roof of my truck. It's a shame they quit supporting it, I think you can still buy them, but you can't find the HDMI or DVR attachments anymore. I use a Eachine DVR, had to custom make the connector.
101662198_253760069398047_7529111561474932736_n.jpg102563891_2661168927452466_2954390389533966336_n.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput