Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Fatshark Dominator V3 Upgrade Questions

pffft, Im still all mayhem and destruction. Build, fly, crash, repeat!
View attachment 2826
one of my favorite Tees.
I could use that shirt round about now... lost my first ever drone yesterday after losing sight of it 100 mtrs out when the sun blinded me. Killed the motors, didn’t see it drop and now it is somewhere amongst a rocky outcrop and a couple of thousand salt bushes. I’ll have another look this afternoon following work but even if I find it, I suspect that it will be reduced to its atomic structure. My good quad is at home and I’ll pimp that to be my new work unit but will seek advice on my next package. Similar type to that of the x220 platform as I’m not quite ready to build my own. Just as well Xmas is around the corner. Oh the pain....

wow, sorry for your loss. ) :
Hope you find it!
Yep devastated, like losing a member of the family. Won’t be flyiny without some sort of GPS tracker next time. Managed to fly over a thousand klms with my phantoms, crashed into every vertical structure known to man with my planes, gliders, helos and now racing quads and have never lost one. On the bright side the guy who had been helping me out with parts etc is putting together a list of stuff to make me smile again.

Reactions: Futuramille
I've never lost a ship YET...
but I remember building planes from scratch for months and "yard sale" crashing them (parts everywhere) on the maiden. or hours tuning out a helicopter only to barely tap a blade on the ground and... start all over.
quads I can roll around in the dirt and grass all day.. change props and Im flying again.
FPV quads is everything I always dreamed of since I was 11yo.
were you flying LOS when you lost it?

but I remember building planes from scratch for months and "yard sale" crashing them (parts everywhere) on the maiden. or hours tuning out a helicopter only to barely tap a blade on the ground and... start all over.
quads I can roll around in the dirt and grass all day.. change props and Im flying again.
Yeah, LOS at about
Yes LOS about 20 mtrs up and out in front of me. Blinded by the sun and I completely lost sight of it and when I spotted it again it was moving away from. Stopped the motors and whilst I didn’t see it land, another chap said it was pretty much straight ahead. It’s out there somewhere waiting for me and I’ll find it, very annoying. Fortunately the wife is very sympathetic to the cause and I will have a couple of packages waiting for me when I get home this week!

Last edited:
Update on the missing x220. Well I haven't found it yet but stumbled across a lot of old bottles, tin pans, drums and a baby pram on the mining lease where I work. Stuff is probably 50-60 years old amongst other abandoned workings from days gone by. Anyway the upgraded camera, Vtx and other bits and pieces turned up and are fitted to the 'good' x220, I fitted a cap to the PDB and voila, I actually have a much better view through the V3s. Should get the True D diversity module today along with the mini patch and see how that's goes (thanks for the heads up @Futuramille). I've also got a new quad coming this week, an Emax Hawk 5 with a taranis qx7s which I'll set up and keep at home.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
sorry for your loss but it sounds like theres fun ahead. Its an expensive "toy" but good god "no expense spared" is appropriate IMO in this adventure. What a ball

sorry for your loss but it sounds like theres fun ahead. Its an expensive "toy" but good god "no expense spared" is appropriate IMO in this adventure. What a ball
Ain't that the truth, but my other passion are motorbikes and I would burn an easy $500 at the racetrack with tyres so it's a case of comparable expense. I absolutely love flying around, learning,crashing and rebuilding and gradually getting better. The wife takes comfort from the fact that I'm not pulling monos at 250kph at the track much these days and praying to every deity known to man that I come home in one piece. I get the same adrenalin rush from flying and learning and it's not going to either bankrupt me or send me to hospital. But you're right, buy the best gear you can afford to give you every advantage to learn and get that stupid grin on your face.
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax