Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Fatshark Dominator V3....CANT SEE

DavidKersting

Reaction score
So, I have so so vision. Bought a FS V3 pair of goggles and using the FS 700 V2 Camera (Tx and camera from FS V5 Teleporter I never used). Tried a bunch of lenses including inserting lenses from my spare glasses. Camera is at best focus but even at ~8 ft can barely read 1/2inch writing on a wall. Is this normal?

Have been flying Non FPV.....dont want future flights with FPV to turn bad,,

I can send pics if needed
Dave

FPV is not like watching HDTV, it is more like watching a first of it's kind color TV, on rabbit ears, dangling in a strong wind, the goal is to be able to see enough to avoid hitting things. The pretty stuff comes from the attached action cam if you so desire, and the DVR off your goggles will likely be twice as bad as the feed you see on the screen. I use a -6 diopter in my FS and could do with a -8, but nobody makes one.
IMHO

My only suggestion would be to contact this company, as they make custom lenses for your FS goggles that are actually based on your ophthalmologist's eyeglass prescription

https://customfpx.com/
i contacted this guy and spent the cash. he made the wrong calculations off my prescription i sent and being from Asia i had no recourse. i was really hopeful as im like what your all describing. my right eye is.. worse than that.
the diopters ended up in a drawer and i just fly. 60$ with shipping.. and it took 5 weeks to process and recieve.

Last edited:
im
Can't remember if it was here or somewhere else but a guy went to his optometrist and had them make them, may have been AndyRC now i think about it
yup, if i decide to try again.. someone like lens crafters is going to learn the dimensions of my fs v3's. I expect about 150$.. id pay that. I'm going to have to go more blind first.

im so far sighted its out past 9' to stress a focus on the tv. i can still see enough to fly though so I'm being lazy.

the trick is that the lenses aren't the same distance from your eyes like glasses. pull your glasses an inch out and you'll see it. it's not just your normal prescription.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
RHO Lens

Look them up online I bought 2 sets through them use your doctor's prescription perfect first time every time fits perfectly into the fatshark I have both the HD threes and the Dominator V3

They have about a 10-day turnaround time

RHO Lens

Look them up online I bought 2 sets through them use your doctor's prescription perfect first time every time fits perfectly into the fatshark I have both the HD threes and the Dominator V3

They have about a 10-day turnaround time
Yep. I would have to agree that RHO lenses top notch. I’ve been using them over a year now. They definitely tune in your view

Folks,
Like all your replies. Thanks. Apparently my set-up is standard and I will take your advice for better resolution.

So then, static.......met a guy who put a capacitor across the +- of the battery cables soldered to to the board on the drone (not the battery). Hadn't see that yet. Cant remember Cap size.
Long story short, the filtering of noise/static to the FPV was superior on his vs mine......actually in the 200 ft range, no static at all. He told me that was the fix Thoughts?

Well, broke down and got contacts a couple of days ago. Removed all my add-ons to my goggles.....I can see. Still cant fly, but at least can see it when I pile it up.

Still wish Fatshark would give a bit more adjustment capability (like binoculars) for focus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax