Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Father son Build log

I would flash to betaflight. See Joshua Bardwell's cleanflight/betaflight driver video, you should not need to do "the zadig thing", just the first two drivers.

Last edited:
Why beta over cleanflight? Can I find video on yt? I'll get on it first thing after work.
Side note: I tried both fc and both say something

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ok so I finally got the FC flashed but had to use a friends computer. Still using CF as that what he had so I ran with it but I'm having issues setting up calibration. I go threw the the steps but my TX don't control after testing in CF. All seems to work but I must be missing something.
In the receiver screen when I use throttle stick up an aux2 comes down? I'm not sure what Aux2 is or why its mixed in with throttle but think this could be my issue. Any ideas?

Set same, taer. I can't figure it out.

Should I be using oneshot125, 42 or multishot?

What about tx, should I be in airplane or heli? I feel like throttle is working with the swash thing that controls blade pitch but if in plane I don't have all controls..

Ok so in my research I've found to have in plane mode and all seems good with that but I still don have anything after calibrating. I think it has to do with modes. Not sure how to set up arm, horizon and all to give power. any tips or better a video to walk me threw?

Everything works on cleanflight but after I calibrate I get no controls unhooked from computer.
In receiver tab it picks up all tx movements.
Motor tab shows motors work when testing.
Modes tab I don't have anything accepted.

You are arming with stick command? Default on mine (SP racing clone) is keep pitch/roll centered and do zero throttle yaw right for one or two seconds. If you don't have motor_stop turned on, your props should start to spin when armed.

Never knew about that.. I'll give it a go as soon as I get off. I can't believe I didn't find anything saying that in my search..

So your radio channels all go from about 1000us-2000us with a 1500us midpoint? Set an rc_deadband of about 4. If you haven't calibrated the ESCs yet, do it now.

I have done all but the rc deadband. Will set and save before trying stick command.

Edited cause stupid question. [emoji21]

Last edited:
Well I tried stick commands and cant arm. I'm at a loss and ready to throw this thing..

I think my problem is with AUX 2. I'm not sure where it's coming from since I can't get it to move when hitting switches or sticks. Any ideas?
Also my direction is off altho i have arrow forward.. 20170414_144148.jpg20170414_144122.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas