Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Fast charge

Wayno52

Reaction score
hi again all, just after a bit of feedback on fast charging my batteries. I always charge on balanced but just wondering if it is ok to fast charge occasionally ? Btw I hope all good folk on here that were within reach of the hurricane are ok.

Depends on your battery rating. My Pulse batteries are rated at 5C, and I charge them at about 4C most of the time. No problems yet, but I don't get to fly too often.

Depends, do you have a fire extinguisher handy or not..............only charge based upon the manufactures recommendations.

LiPo's do not like being abused and will bite you if you do

I've always done just balance charge at 1C. I'm already charging batteries in parallel so I like to be as gentle as possible to prevent damage.

basically 1C takes an hour, so 5C would be about 12minutes, 4C about 15min. But it probably takes a little longer since charging slows once you hit 4.2V/cell.

edit: as long as your charger can provide the curent and power, 5 packs in parallel takes the same as 1 pack, you just set the current 5x as high. Most of the time I charge 2 or 3 packs though, just because that is how many I usually fly at a time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax