Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

EXTREMELY HOT Motors

Marturashi

Reaction score
Hey everyone. The last few days I have been flying, my motors have been really hot, especially the two in the back. They are right around the "too hot to touch" area . Ive tried lowering my D gains, by over half, and they still get hot. Dynamic filtering is turned off. My motor bolts are not touching the windings. What could be causing this?

Gear:
Spedix Esc 30a DSHOT600
DYS F4 Pro Fc AIO
Emax 2306 2400kv
Dal Prop 5045 Cyclone
Frame: Rooster, Armattan

Try going to a lower pitch prop, Also, it's pitch d that needs adjusting.
You may try a betaflight stock tune on a different profile
I use to have problems with overheating with betaflight, I use raceflight now, no worries

Try going to a lower pitch prop, Also, it's pitch d that needs adjusting
Ive tried a bunch of different props and I get the same result. I can try to lower pitch d more to see what happens. But what else could be causing these issues??

With both back motors getting hot (they get dirty air compared to the front and are almost always a bit warmer than the front) I'm guessing its a tune thing. try a stock tune
EDIT: do the motors spin freely?

With both back motors getting hot (they get dirty air compared to the front and are almost always a bit warmer than the front) I'm guessing its a tune thing. try a stock tune
EDIT: do the motors spin freely?
They get hot on the stock tune which is what I was running prior to me changing the d gains. I know the back motors can get a little warmer then the fronts, but they come down too hot to touch.

Do they spin freely? Overheating can cause the glue that holds the magnets in place inside the bell to turn loose causing magnet(s) to rub the armature

Also, try running multishot to see if they run cooler that way, seen that before. Im still running multishot on a couple quads

Do they spin freely? Overheating can cause the glue that holds the magnets in place inside the bell to turn loose causing magnet(s) to rub the armature
Also, try running multishot to see if they run cooler that way, seen that before. Im still running multishot on a couple quads
The motors do spin freely. Ian shocked that they aren' destroyed because they have gotten crazy hot more then a few times. But I'll switch esc protocol and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput