Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Experienced drone pilot, new to FPV! Whatsup

lightspeed

Reaction score
Hello everybody! ??
As the title says.. I’ve been flying drones since early 2019.

Got into the hobby with a Mavic Air, primarily for the fun of flying and for capturing video and pictures.

Next was a Tello, which I love especially for the maneuverability and decreased anxiety about flying a sub 250g drone casually lol. Using a wifi repeater for max range!

After that I started watching a lot of YouTube videos of fpv freestyle and racing drones and became very curious. Just for fun bought a small freestyle quad from Walmart and I can’t stop flying that thing now! Zipping around indoors. With my buddy too, he also has one.

So the obsession has started and I really wanna fly a quality freestyle fpv quad. I love the DJI FPV system that just came out and am interested in building one since it would not only be very maneuverable but also capture HD video. My only wish is that it would fit on a frame small enough to be below 250g.

Any input or suggestions on frames and parts would be hugely appreciated!

Reactions: ebeez and dirkclod
Also worth noting is that I’m quite good at flying drones already. I have spent lots of time practicing and can fly very comfortably even in tight spots. It all came quite natural.

I also do have my basic drone license, and plan on upgrading to advanced. (Canada) Worth mentioning just incase most decent fpv quads weigh more than 250g. But ideally would like to keep it below so that I don’t have to worry about complying with the laws all the time and doing flight logs etc etc.

Welcome! Sounds like you're ready to dive in lol. The dji video system is fantastic but it's still at the height of cost and bugs, I would first go with a basic analog system and break that first instead (a lot cheaper). As for frames you're gonna want something tall to fit the system, I personally have a Martian 220 frame that'll fit the unit and everything else perfectly and realitivly light weight.
I run a discord with like 20 other pilots, you're welcome to join if you'd like

Reactions: Futuramille
Welcome to the forum, where in Canada are you from?

Welcome! Sounds like you're ready to dive in lol. The dji video system is fantastic but it's still at the height of cost and bugs, I would first go with a basic analog system and break that first instead (a lot cheaper). As for frames you're gonna want something tall to fit the system, I personally have a Martian 220 frame that'll fit the unit and everything else perfectly and realitivly light weight.
I run a discord with like 20 other pilots, you're welcome to join if you'd like
I was thinking something similar too.. it seems from my research a 3 or 4 inch quad would be perfect for entry fpv, which would run best on analog. And if and when, more so just when, I go for the DJI FPV system it’ll probably be on a 5 inch frame.

I just don’t wanna invest too much in an analog setup, because once I go digital HD with the DJI I probably won’t fly the analog one as much.

Welcome to the forum lightspeed. ?

Reactions: lightspeed
Welcome aboard lightspeed! I agree with M3talrocksFPV .. keep it simple for now until you are comfortable. Analog is perfectly fine. They have excellent video TX's and FPV cameras now. Martian is a great frame. Very similar to the Alien which was one of my first freestyle quads. I still have it and fly it! I am in Canada also (Mississauga). would be cool to hook up with some local pilots and rip around!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obistevekenobi