Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Esc very strange

Sambo1988

Reaction score
Hi all

My friend has a problem with his 4in1 he went flying all ok went home and then out again to fly the esc will not fire up, the flight controller is powered through the esc and it runs and operates fine it thinks it is armed but it seems as though the esc is getting no power but must be as the fc is powering up we have checked with a multi meter from the power lead to the esc pads but no connection.

But are getting continuity by connecting the multi meter between motor pads.

Thanks

When you connect up the battery, do you hear the start up ESC tones? Your ESCs can still be putting out BEC 5v and still not power your motors. Check for any continuity between any of the motor connections and the frame. There might be a short somewhere, like maybe a mounting screw slightly touching motor wire/ windings. Also, does any of the motors get hot?

Hi Neo

thanks for replying, we have sorted it, new esc needed he brought it round for me to have a look at and when i desoldered it 4 mosfets were bunt on the under side.

Ahhh ok. Good to know you found the problem. I've gotten loose soldering contacts, shorted motor connections and even burnt out ESCs or FCs before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax