Welcome to DroneRacingPilots!
Join our free drone racing community today!

emax hawk5

colinfowler

Reaction score
hi guys
i dont have recording on my fatsharks, can i add a video recorder to anemax hawk 5?
colin

tevek

Reaction score
There are a couple of options other than the fat shark option which always turned out crap for me. You can try a camera/dvr (Runcam) to retrofit the camera on the hawk 5 or go with one of the GoPro hero/session stand-alone, buy a cover and sled mount and away you go. I have an older GoPro 2 without any remote options and it works a treat.

colinfowler

Reaction score
There are a couple of options other than the fat shark option which always turned out crap for me. You can try a camera/dvr (Runcam) to retrofit the camera on the hawk 5 or go with one of the GoPro hero/session stand-alone, buy a cover and sled mount and away you go. I have an older GoPro 2 without any remote options and it works a treat.
I'll take a look at the runcam option.
I've only just ordered the emax so it's not urgent but would like the option.
This is probably already going to be a learning curve going from indoor inductrix fpv.
Thanks for your reply tevek

tevek

Reaction score
This is probably already going to be a learning curve going from indoor inductrix fpv.
Good luck with the hawk 5, it really was a vast improvement over my brace of wizards and a lot more fun/grunt. I was a bit worried with the impact of the COG with the free GoPro but not an issue at all for my type of flying. Take it easy out there, I bought a taranis q7s controller and have it set up to give me extra confidence when I unleash the kwad in the open.

colinfowler

Reaction score
Good luck with the hawk 5, it really was a vast improvement over my brace of wizards and a lot more fun/grunt. I was a bit worried with the impact of the COG with the free GoPro but not an issue at all for my type of flying. Take it easy out there, I bought a taranis q7s controller and have it set up to give me extra confidence when I unleash the kwad in the open.
Thanks tevek
I already have a taranis x-lite
I've been flying all sorts for 50yrs and got into quads for photography and been flying mavic pro for two years.
The move into racing is recent with indoor inductrix and fatsharks for 6 months. I still love toys at 67

tevek

Reaction score
Thanks tevek
I already have a taranis x-lite
I've been flying all sorts for 50yrs and got into quads for photography and been flying mavic pro for two years.
The move into racing is recent with indoor inductrix and fatsharks for 6 months. I still love toys at 67
Love hearing from people who have been flying long before it became fashionable. I took up racing drones due to being bored flying virtually autonomous dji stuff but managed to crash and burn anything that I successfully launched from outside prior to that. So much to learn and enjoy as you probably already know. Enjoy!

colinfowler

Reaction score
Up and running, quick hover in the garden.
Forecasted rain Sunday so waiting for a proper test flight.
I love the taranis xlite, stubby pagoda on order.3095

colinfowler

Reaction score
hi
i fitted an HMDVR from ebay and stubby pagoda
now need some flying weather3120

Reactions: tevek

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member