Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Eating Crow today

rtkDarling

Reaction score
I just got home from a music video shoot on a 60 foot yacht. Upon reviewing the FPV footage I found that I had allowed an antenna to stray into the shot. I want to ( Mod Removed )die right now. Yes it will crop out, but it's still stupid embarrassing. The crew was blown away by the quad, I put my old set of 2408 1900kv on the Cerebus that I bought from @RENOV8R and it's AWESOME on 5s (6-7 minutes of hard flight on a good CNHL 1500 5s). We're going to do more for sure, and it looks like this footage will be played at a fashion show at Time Square and televised to an estimated 250k people.

Of course it sounds fun, but this was my first time orbiting a moving boat, and it's just a little terrifying. I ended up shooting with the Mavic pro, and a gopro on a gimbal as well. I'm going to make an edit and post it soon, but for now I'm going to get drunk :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post! Did you get drunk? How ya feeling? hahaha
Yeah so... Started with Champagne with the models, then was handed some vodka, then some rum (and more rum). Couldn't turn down a good glass of Pinot Noir with dinner, then a few beers for desert

It turned out okay, I can see my lack of confidence in my flying, and the camera was pointed a little high, but I brought everyone home, so I'm thankful.

I can see how flying from/around a moving boat would be difficult
I actually got pretty sick by the end of my second battery, I'm lucky that we were pretty much done by then because I got off the boat and laid down. The mixture of the boats movement with the quad and the goggles was too much.
Lack of confidence???
Yeah, I didn't get very far from the boat and I flew pretty conservative. You know I forgot the funniest part of this story. I was rushing to change the motors on this quad and I hadn't even hover tested it. I had time to fix the motor direction and throw my best guess at a tune, and it's first real flight was from the boat. Lucky

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax