Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Eachine Wizard x220s problem

bbboby996

Reaction score
Hello,

I own an Eachine Wizard 220s; it is my first FPV drone.

Second flight Yesterday, wires of the battery has been cut off by propellers (charging wires, not the XT60 wires). I heard the cutting noise and then i lost real time video and drone control. He felled from about 10 feet on grass, there is no visual damage.

Unfortunately, I was not able to start it again :

- Leds at the back are acting strangely or at least not as usual when the battery is plugged in; some of them stay off and a few of them are steady blue and green.
115823913_308822533600810_5905624994865799696_n.jpg

- When I plug the battery, I only hear a bip followed by a short motor movement. But that’s all . Before it was followed by two other bips, and im now unable to connect the transmetter

- I’m not able to connect to Betaflight.

When I plug the usb cable to the drone, leds switch on, a red light blink on the receiver

I tried to isolate the omnibus board but there is no data exchange (I tried with two different computers; nothing appears in the device manager)

- I looked for sign of shorts, but didn’t find any burned spot, boards looks good visually .

When I plug a battery and switch on the controller, the led on the receiver goes from flashing red to steady red.

On the VTX board (the board at the top), there is a steady blue light and a flashing red light.

As said before, I’m a beginner in the drone world. I have no spare parts for testing. I am ready to buy a new Omnibus board or anything to fix it , but I’m not sure if that’s the issue; or the sole problem.

I would really appreciate if I could have some advices.

Attachments

• 115823913_308822533600810_5905624994865799696_n.jpg
    115823913_308822533600810_5905624994865799696_n.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 2
Sounds like you may have shorted the voltage regulator on the PDB when you cut through the supply wires. Those boards are pretty cheap and you can simply swap out old for new. I’ve got couple of wizards that I’ve rebuilt a number of times and you should be in the air in a couple of hours.

Sounds like you may have shorted the voltage regulator on the PDB when you cut through the supply wires. Those boards are pretty cheap and you can simply swap out old for new. I’ve got couple of wizards that I’ve rebuilt a number of times and you should be in the air in a couple of hours.
These kinds of helpful answers is why you will always have a higher Post/Reactions score than me! ?
Good on you @tevek

These kinds of helpful answers is why you will always have a higher Post/Reactions score than me! ?
Good on you @tevek
Not likely big boy, whenever you reply to something I’ve posted, I get nervous....
What I know would fill a matchstick head.
What you know is the rest of the box of matches.

haha that will be my first try; i ordered an soldering iron in the same time :)
I saw that there were better ones, but I tried to order an identical circuit board to the original one to simplify things.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hello,

I own an Eachine Wizard 220s; it is my first FPV drone.

Second flight Yesterday, wires of the battery has been cut off by propellers (charging wires, not the XT60 wires). I heard the cutting noise and then i lost real time video and drone control. He felled from about 10 feet on grass, there is no visual damage.

Unfortunately, I was not able to start it again :

- Leds at the back are acting strangely or at least not as usual when the battery is plugged in; some of them stay off and a few of them are steady blue and green.
View attachment 4467

- When I plug the battery, I only hear a bip followed by a short motor movement. But that’s all . Before it was followed by two other bips, and im now unable to connect the transmetter

- I’m not able to connect to Betaflight.

When I plug the usb cable to the drone, leds switch on, a red light blink on the receiver

I tried to isolate the omnibus board but there is no data exchange (I tried with two different computers; nothing appears in the device manager)

- I looked for sign of shorts, but didn’t find any burned spot, boards looks good visually .

When I plug a battery and switch on the controller, the led on the receiver goes from flashing red to steady red.

On the VTX board (the board at the top), there is a steady blue light and a flashing red light.

As said before, I’m a beginner in the drone world. I have no spare parts for testing. I am ready to buy a new Omnibus board or anything to fix it , but I’m not sure if that’s the issue; or the sole problem.

I would really appreciate if I could have some advices.
Sorry , but the Wizard 220S is totally crap - theres only one advice I can give: Buy a new ESC, a new VTX, a new camera and last but not least : buy new motors....
The WIZARD 220S was my first "Race-Copter" 6month ago....... First flight : one motor and the ESC died...
second flight: camera stop working.....
after that I killed the VTX..........
now I have in my Wizard EMAX-motors, HACKRC-ESC, AKK-VTX , a Runcam-Swift-mini2, TBS-Antenna.......and now it works(flies) fine.....

Sorry , but the Wizard 220S is totally crap - theres only one advice I can give: Buy a new ESC, a new VTX, a new camera and last but not least : buy new motors....
The WIZARD 220S was my first "Race-Copter" 6month ago....... First flight : one motor and the ESC died...
second flight: camera stop working.....
after that I killed the VTX..........
now I have in my Wizard EMAX-motors, HACKRC-ESC, AKK-VTX , a Runcam-Swift-mini2, TBS-Antenna.......and now it works(flies) fine.....
Anyone that’s ever owned a wizard, me included, bought them as they were a cheap way of getting into the hobby. If you weren’t flying them, you were rebuilding them but that’s an upside as you get pretty good at soldering and spending a lot of money upgrading them.

Anyone that’s ever owned a wizard, me included, bought them as they were a cheap way of getting into the hobby. If you weren’t flying them, you were rebuilding them but that’s an upside as you get pretty good at soldering and spending a lot of money upgrading them.

I can relate to that and HighTechPauper can back me up as well as he has spent a few hours with me over the phone and internet helping me with it. I bought a used X220 that was supposed to be barely used and so far, I have replaced the FC, the receiver and the vTX and FPV camera. I expect that the ESC's and motors are right behind those upgrades in the near future as well. And as my signature states...

Yes, from that point of view you are right. I really learned a lot repairing and upgrading the Wizard.......Thank you Eachine!

Reactions: graywoulf

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax