Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Eachine wizard x220

Msteele260

Reaction score
Ok so I'm new to this. I made a terrible mistake on buying the eachine wizard x220... got it last weekend opened it up and started setting it up, went to test the motors and 3 out of the 4 motors were spinning... took it to a local hobby shop in town and the guy said my ESC was burnt out... Tried getting ahold of banggood, of course no response... sooo I was wondering what ESC's I can buy, not using the ones that came with it, that will be compatible with this drone... I found out the stock ESC's burn up really easily... Any suggestions???

Man, that stinks. Banggood will respond and replace it (they probably will want you to make a video for some reason!), but if you are in a rush you can just pick up any old ESC that supports BLHeli_S and has same amp rating. It isn't hard to swap one if you have done any soldering before, but get one with the same dimensions in order to use the existing wires if you want to make it as easy as possible.

One other thing though, it would be a good idea to remove the bell from that motor and inspect the windings to see if the motor is burned out too. This can happen SOMETIMES when an ESC bites the dust.

It's a pain, but honestly this can happen with any drone. The ESC's included aren't especially bad IMO so personally I wouldn't replace them all yet just from one failure. It is not all that uncommon an occurrence.

thanks for the info! I've been waiting for 3 days for banggood to respond, and still haven't heard anything... what are some good websites that I can buy the ESC's from? Preferably in the US and not China lol

thanks for the info! I've been waiting for 3 days for banggood to respond, and still haven't heard anything... what are some good websites that I can buy the ESC's from? Preferably in the US and not China lol

Off the top of my head,

Getfpv.com
ReadymadeRC
Hobbyking (some stock at US w.h.)
AirbladeUAV
Readytoflyquads
Twistedquads
Airbot

Hey sorry to bring this back up, I'm finding the same ESC's but there different names, if I buy 4 new ones that aren't the same as the ones I have, will I have to program them to the drone or can I just put them on and go??

If you will be using OneShot or MultiShot you will need to calibrate them, but that only takes a few seconds. If you will be using DShot you don't need to calibrate them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion