Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Eachine wizard x220 upgrade

Dev99

Reaction score
Thinking about getting an eachine wizard x220 what would be some recomemded part upgrades to do to it? Thanks

First of all there are many other better options than an eachine wizard x220, such as the x220s, emax hawk 5, and some furibee models (refer to uavfutures reviews.) But, if you are certain on buying a wizard, I would 100% recommend buying a new fpv camera such as a runcan swift. The stock cameras in both the wizard x220 and the x220s are terrible. Other than that, there is nothing else you will need to upgrade because if you do you may as well build your own, better quad. I hope I answered your question OK.

Thank you for the help I will look into some other options and cameras if I do get the wizard. What would be the best spektrum receiver to use on these? And as for building them im not the best at knowing where to solder what on the FC and pdbs

I'm sorry I don't know much about spectrum, I have a frsky x9d. As for building, it may seem intimidating at first, and believe me I certainly found it hard when I built my first quad, but honestly, it gives you so much valuable knowledge early into your hobby. And if you aren't familiar with any good components to build the quad with, I recommend copying uavfutures 180 dollar build, as he clearly goes through step by step on how to build a decent and competitive race qaud.

I would recommend staying away from the wizard, i brought the x220s and have had nothing but problems i ended up rebuilding the whole thing with new parts the only original part is the frame which i do like and it takes a beating but.

1. the flight controller broke and would not transmit video when run through it. new FC installed
2. the camera was terrible new swift installed
3. VTX died new matek vtx installed
4. esc died and took out 2 motors so i brought new speedix esc and hypetrain motors

but it does fly great now and i have no problems, i was forced to build a quad really and was new to the hobby when i did it and if you look at the internet and component pin outs its not to bad, just check, double check and triple check everything you do.

having said that my mate brought a wizard and has only had issues with the vtx and camera so i think it my be hit and miss with them.

also cant help with the transmitter as i also use frsky QX7s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya