Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Eachine Wizard 220 manual

embayweather

Reaction score
i have just bought one of these RTF, and the manual for it is , missing. I contacted the vendor who linked me into a three page manual. Is anyone aware of a proper manual that tells you things that might be useful. Being new to this I really don’t want to make it up,as I go along.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
There is no such thing as what you are looking for, I got a wizard too and was also new to the hobby, there is no user manual to speak of for any of these.
But before I bought in I did a lot of research and found it's all similar stuff, and once you know the basics you will be on your way to understanding what you need to know to get started and airborne.

The Wizard X220 is an SPRacing F3 6DOF Flight Controller based quad which is the one I have, the X220S is an F4 based quad, that is the only thing specific about it and the rest is essentially the same basic parts.
If you have any questions I may be able to help, just let us know on this thread and there are many a fine and knowledgeable pilots here that will help you along the way, but it will take some time and YouTube is your friend in this.
I bought the ARF version because I wanted to go with Fr(ee)Sky stuff for the Remote Control and Receiver parts but it sounds like you got the RTF with the FlySky RC and Rcvr?

Mine is not stock anymore, stuff gets broken and you have to fix it, but this one of my 3 wizards is pretty close to stock. They have been good birds except for the ESC's so when they break/blow-up/catch on fire, just upgrade them.

IMG_2268.jpg IMG_2269.jpg IMG_2270.jpg

Reactions: Jtrjr and Wayno52
Agreed Randy, the list of very knowledgeable pilots you have given is bang on. But so far as I know, you own, fly, crash and rebuild the most wizards on here. I think you have a lot to offer as far as experience on this bird. Although I hope you’re not crashing too much ? Funny how you seem to have great days, good days and not so good days. BTW welcome Embay

Agreed Randy, the list of very knowledgeable pilots you have given is bang on. But so far as I know, you own, fly, crash and rebuild the most wizards on here. I think you have a lot to offer as far as experience on this bird. Although I hope you’re not crashing too much ? Funny how you seem to have great days, good days and not so good days. BTW welcome Embay

Hey Wayne, hope all is well buddy! I haven't crashed hard in a while, I am really getting the hang of this stuff, and hitting smaller and smaller gaps every time I go out. And to think, it only took 3 months of flying 12 batts every single day to get better :) Now that I got my early Christmas present I get to burn up to 22 batts a day. I guess I am getting to be a Wizard X220 expert after all, my background helped a lot, but this forum and the great people on it did the majority of heavy lifting to get me where I am. I am always willing to give back any chance I get.

RandyFleet2.jpg

Hey Wayne, hope all is well buddy! I haven't crashed hard in a while, I am really getting the hang of this stuff, and hitting smaller and smaller gaps every time I go out. And to think, it only took 3 months of flying 12 batts every single day to get better :) Now that I got my early Christmas present I get to burn up to 22 batts a day. I guess I am getting to be a Wizard X220 expert after all, my background helped a lot, but this forum and the great people on it did the majority of heavy lifting to get me where I am. I am always willing to give back any chance I get.

RandyView attachment 1702
Seems Randy is the wizard, wizard
Randy, i'm surprised you haven't started designing your first build

Last edited:
I may be the Wizard Wizard, but for quads in general I am only a scribe, but all you good Wizards deserve a good scribe!

Reactions: Wayno52
Thank you all for your kind replies and words. I have been researching long and hard, hence my choice of drone. Now I am researching how best to use it. I have got myself a simulator, and seem to be crashing far more than I should be. But I will keep,using it, easier to pass rest than take more out of the bank for a new drone.

Thank you all for your kind replies and words. I have been researching long and hard, hence my choice of drone. Now I am researching how best to use it. I have got myself a simulator, and seem to be crashing far more than I should be. But I will keep,using it, easier to pass rest than take more out of the bank for a new drone.
You are doing whats needed for the quickest learning curve. Don't be scared to go into your sim and play with the quad settings like: pov, camera angle, expo and etc.

Embay, Virtue is bang on there. Play around with it as much as you can for as long as it takes to be able to get off the ground, fly around a bit and land. I personally found the sim quite different to actually flying my bird but had been flying a fair while before trying the sim.

Will do. Only just got the flight controller hooked up to the sim this morning. Then of course other things got in the way. Can practice a lot now it’s done. Just not sure how representative it is of the real thing

Totally different to those birds Embay. I was similar in that I flew bebop 2 which I still use a lot for photography and video. Flying in acro mode is very different but as I have recently learned from the more experienced pilots on here, it it better to get into that mode as quickly as possible. Try not to spend too much time in self leveling mode. You will crash no matter how long you spend on a sim but that’s all part of it. Most of the time a crash won’t do major damage though. You’re gonna be addicted in no time. Lol

Already am addicted. I can see posssibilities for my project which I cannot do with the DJI kit. So I need to work hard. I am going to practice daily, as and when I can. Want to take myself to the point where it feels very comfortable to fly as it does with the DJI kit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax