Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Eachine Trashcan random issue

kyoku

Reaction score
Hi there,

I really enjoy to have crazy FPV sessions with my eachine trashcan.

Anyway, sometimes and in a totally random way it has a strange behaviour: it automatically performs a quick pitch-up&roll-left so I have to pitch-down&roll-right to take the control again.

Due to several tries I excluded:
- wind effect
- transmitter sticks issues
- radio interferences
- insects

It seems that this issue never happens if it flies fast.

I fly with these configurations:
- standard PID
- acro+aereo mode
- last betafly firmware (updated to check if it was a firmware issue but it is not)
- dsmx receiver (maybe I can try with DSM2)
- batteries: provided + 2s 300mA 7.6V 80/160C

It is possible that sometimes the gyro get crazy? Have I to tune configuration params? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

I think the trashcan is suffering from esc desync issues. I had three of them, the last one having the upgraded V2 AIO board which was certainly better, but binding the receiver in D8 mode (and not D16) got rid of the dipping and diving which were the desync issues. You are using a Spektrum receiver which I know nothing about but maybe the re-binding process is similar.

I think the trashcan is suffering from esc desync issues. I had three of them, the last one having the upgraded V2 AIO board which was certainly better, but binding the receiver in D8 mode (and not D16) got rid of the dipping and diving which were the desync issues. You are using a Spektrum receiver which I know nothing about but maybe the re-binding process is similar.

Thank you tevek,
I didn't know aboud esc async issue.

Trying to emulate your switch from D16 to D8 mode I have just re-binded the receiver using DSM2 mode (spi bus spektrum1024 instead of spektrum2048), the number of available aux channels dropped down to 3 (not a problem, my dx6i has only 6 channels so I can use only 2 aux).

I will try it tomorrow, finger crossed.?

Thank you tevek,
I didn't know aboud esc async issue.

Trying to emulate your switch from D16 to D8 mode I have just re-binded the receiver using DSM2 mode (spi bus spektrum1024 instead of spektrum2048), the number of available aux channels dropped down to 3 (not a problem, my dx6i has only 6 channels so I can use only 2 aux).

I will try it tomorrow, finger crossed.?
Yes that’s pretty much where you end up, less channels which you don’t need anyway with the micro quads. The trashcan was one of my first micros and the desync issue was very common earlier on, I’ve read that the very latest versions are more reliable but it still happens from time to time.
Good luck!

No way,
even with DSM2 mode the problem persists.

At least now I know the kind of the issue and I know that I have to live with it.

Thanks for support.

No way,
even with DSM2 mode the problem persists.

At least now I know the kind of the issue and I know that I have to live with it.

Thanks for support.
Well that’s disappointing, from memory one of the motors just stopped on mine and I swapped a spare set of motors from a mobula 7 that I had and the issue just about disappeared. They were wildly different kV but same size motors and I didn’t care if the thing exploded mid air. Certainly not a solution to your problem but as you mentioned earlier, the problem doesn’t occur at higher speeds, so I guess that means you just have to send it.

Well that’s disappointing, from memory one of the motors just stopped on mine and I swapped a spare set of motors from a mobula 7 that I had and the issue just about disappeared. They were wildly different kV but same size motors and I didn’t care if the thing exploded mid air. Certainly not a solution to your problem but as you mentioned earlier, the problem doesn’t occur at higher speeds, so I guess that means you just have to send it.

Yep whith high throttle percentage values the problem does not occur.

Thanks to your suggestion I noticed that betafly configuration paramter "Motor Idle Throttle Value [percent]" description says:
" The 'DShot idle' value is the percent of maximum throttle that is sent to the ESCs when the throttle at minimum stick position and the craft is armed. Increase it to gain more idle speed and avoid desyncs. Too high and the craft feels floaty."

I moved idle percentage to 6%, I will try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone