Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DXe / DSMX

Jack Ley

Reaction score
Ok, I have an older Spektrum radio, it's a DXe, it's the one before the DX6 I believe, it doesn't even have an LED sceen. I bought a BNF 220 quad from a guy on ebay, it only needed a transmitter and batteries to be ready to fly, it already had a Spektrum DSMX receiver installed. On the spec sheet and directions, it says the quad will bind with Spektrum DX6, 6i, 7, 8, 9 and any other DSMX Spektrum radio. So since my DXe says it's DSMX compatible I figured it would bind to my DXe. Well it does kinda...lol. When I push the bind button on the radio, the flashing bind light on the receiver stops flashing, the alarm switch works, and it switches flight modes, but I can't get it to arm. I tried hooking it to Cleanflight, but it won't connect, but that's a whole other thread. Do you think there is something else I can do when binding it, or do you think that the DXe is just too old of a model, and I should upgrade to a newer model? Thanks for any input.

You're gonna have to get a programming cable and hook it up to your computer to set it up correctly.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Yeah, I know I need to get into Cleanflight set the "arm" switch, but I cannot connect to Cleanflight. I usually use LibrePilot, but this quad and another one I just got work off Cleanflight only, yet the quads will not hook up. Well they "connect" but immediately go into CLI mode and tells me to disconnect and flash latest firmware. I have done that several times, including updating all proper drivers, I even reloaded Cleanflight onto my laptop to make sure I had the latest version, but nothing worked, it says "no response from bootloader, update failed" Mainly I just want to know if I upgrade to a newer Spektrum radio, will this fix my problem. The videos I've found about this quad (Conspiracy 200 from Horizon Hobby) show them un-boxing it, attaching a 3s/4s battery, turn on the Spektrum radio, go to the bind section, hit a few buttons,and it's bound. They are up in flying within 5-10 minutes of opening the box. That's why I bought a BNF, I'm taking a break from building them, just want something I can fly right out of the box.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput