Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Dx6i -RX -FC?

Mtjunky

Reaction score
Is I'm gathering information and parts to do my first builds for son and I. I have a Dx6i from my helicopter days and would like to stay with it to save on cost. All this FC, PDB, cameras and bells with whistles is alot to take in.
I'm wondering what spektrum rx will work with what FC. Looking at 2 different fc as of now, kiss and a SPRACING racing f3 clone..
Do I need a specific rx for my dx6i to work?
Educate me please..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you want to save money, get an RTF or BNF plus the radio of your choice. You want a 5" quad? The Eachine Wizard x220 on banggood, and the Diatone Crusader GT2 (diatoneusa.com maybe?) are hard to beat.

Thank you sir. I'm not a BNF guy as I find most the fun is building altho this is pretty overwhelming.

Yeah, me too. I built my first one. I didn't discover banggood and hobbyking until after buying parts but they are super cheap. Amazon isn't bad for lots of stuff.

Luckily I found this site and a few video that linked me to cheap stuff. Just need to figure out what it all is..lol
I'll get it once I have in hand. First shipment should show tomorrow and the fun begins

It is almost plug and play. Just have to configure betaflight for serial receiver, spektrum1024, and set the right UART to serial receiver on the Ports tab.

Oh crap, speaking Chinese now..
Where do I download program? I feel like it's going to be a learning curve that I hope don't result in a idle up unintended crash. :(

Betaflight is configured through a chrome browser app. Download the app, then install the first two drivers from the opening page. Do the DRIVER installs BEFORE connecting the flight controller.

Reactions: Mtjunky
I'll do tomorrow and see how it goes. I'm no computer tech.
Oh I've crashed lots of everything rc. I race off road and suck so rebuild all the time. Flown and spent a pretty penny on trying to 3d fly.. lol

That's freaking good to know. Also like the price of them. Not to bad to replace parts or just have a few spares.

Tonight I placed my last order and should have all needed to get them built. Will need to figure out all the set up steps but will focus on build and work on that once I get there.
Went with 2 ev800 goggles cause of what I've read and price. Should get us started and if we enjoy I'll upgrade to some fat sharks.
Now for the waiting game.. [emoji58]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obistevekenobi