Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Drowned drone, X-Ray hits the pool...

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
A long day yesterday. Raymon posted a video of his new PID's after a tuning session yesterday. He built his latest quad with the exact same components that I have in X-Ray. I haven't mastered the art of tuning yet so I decided to try his PID's.

Holy crap, Batman! It's a different bird! It flies so xxxxxx steady and precisely, I was being careful but I was in heaven! I was extremely excited as the battery drew down. Well, one of the things I've been doing lately is flipping out of Acro and into Horizon when I land. It's just easier to land in Horizon. Big mistake, the new PID's made the bird ultra sensitive in Horizon mode.

I started to come in and lost orientation, a few wrong moves of the sticks and I was tumbling off the roof of the house. My video went dead but I didn't know where the bird went. I knew it probably went somewhere in the backyard. I started searching and couldn't find the d@mned thing. I looked in the pool but didn't see it.

I finally went back up to the house and took the SD card from the goggles so I could see where it last was when the video went out. Darned if it didn't look like it went somewhere by the pool. I ran back outside and started scouring the pool. My wife is just getting the pool set-up and is shocking the heck out of the water. It looks clean but it's really cloudy. I look more carefully and see something very faint, close to the center of the pool. Sure enough there It is!

I grab the strainer net and pole and go fishing for it. Mind you, it's been in the pool for at least 15-20 minutes by now. I put the rest of the story in the video that follows.

Jerry

Last edited:
Yes I did!
A Huge shout out to The Green Orange for his tips!!

And a big thank's to you as well Jerry for your advice and help!
Much appreciated

Mark

Reactions: Jtrjr
Hi Jerry and guys,
I had to laugh, your description was impeccable!
I finally flew my new crusader gt150 today in a beautiful field.
I flew 3 full packs and DID NOT CRASH...could not believe it!
And i landed the drone no more than 3 ft from take off spot.
Fought the wind a little had it up there pretty good and then flew 2 or 3 ft above ground...much easier to fly fpv.

Thanks you guys..
Note: i got the laforge high gain and regular receiver combo.
Perfect picture period. YEEEHAAA!

Reactions: Jtrjr and Reaper71
Well, X-Ray is back in the air! Just took him for a quick run to see if he would fly, one pack and fairly easy. I'm very impressed. That bird sat in the pool for a good 15-20 minutes and everything except the camera survived. Charging the battery (outside) was the scariest part but it work fine. I used the same battery that sat in the pool. I'm very grateful that he survived.

Jerry

Reactions: Mtjunky
Green,

That's great! You spend so much time here helping others, I'm glad you're getting some time to get in the air. Good luck and have some fun!

Jerry

Didn't work out today. My antenna got smushed last time out, due to low battery death roll from 50ft. Seemed ok on the bench but only got about 50yds of bad reception. Will have to resolder the antenna, maybe replace.

You guys aren't going to believe this! So X-Rays Foxeer camera was dead and I mean dead, no nothing. I tried 4-5 times to get it going, not so much as a power twitch. Tried it again today just for the heck of it, nothing. Took it apart and figuring I had nothing to lose, I took a toothbrush and some rubbing alcohol and scrubbed the heck out of it. I then took my heat gun and heated it up on both sides being mindful of the sensor on the front. I let it cool down put it back together and put power to it. A white screen came up with a bunch of boxes floating around on the monitor. I was able to access the OSD and did a factory reset. Powered it down and then back up, same thing a white screen with different sized boxes floating around. Did another factory reset and bam! up comes the picture! It appears to be back in service again.

Jerry

Reactions: Reaper71
HI Jerry,
That is an amazing story...one would think that electronic equipment that enters the water while powered on would certainly be destroyed. I am glad it works...that is really amazing...

Keith

Reactions: Reaper71
I agree with Jerry...you do help a lot of people green,
I to am grateful for your help and support

Keith

Reactions: Mtjunky
Green, sorry to hear your "FlyTime" was interrupted...And as stated Above I as well really appreciate all of your help!

Mark

Jerry, That kicks *** that your camera works again!
Happy ending to a bad story.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
lol I did the same exact thing with my Youbi 130. I pulled it out of the pool, unplugged the battery immediately, blew it dry with my air compressor, then took it all apart and buried all the electronics in rice over night, put it back together, good as new, everything survived.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax