Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Drone outputting black screen to goggles

neelj

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am currently building my first 5in and am running into a problem. I have bound my receiver to my transmitter and that works fine. But, I am having trouble with my video feed in my goggles. It just shows a black screen. I am using a Rush Tiny Tank as my VTX and a Foxeer Falkor 2. I am not sure if this is a wiring issue or if it is something you have to configure in beta flight? I attached some photos of my wiring and a screenshot of my ports in beta flight. If you need any more photos let me know. Thanks for your help in advance.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    165.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-4449.jpg
    IMG-4449.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG-4450.jpg
    IMG-4450.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
Could be a camera, FC, or wiring issue, there is no Betaflight config for the camera except the NTSC/PAL/Auto video setting in the OSD tab to sync the OSD into the feed. If it was set wrong it might have a bad OSD placement but shouldn't kill the picture all together. The first test is to solder the camera video out wire directly to the vTX video in and see if you get a picture, if so then it is wiring or the FC's OSD chip circuit, if not it is the camera. Because the vTX is working, but has no picture or OSD to show, it could be more than one bad part or simply wiring. I couldn't tell what the pads you soldered to were due to no labeling on the board, but if you tell me which one it is I can double check the wire out for you.

I already tried doing it directly to the VTX didn't change anything so that's not the problem. Here is a picture of the FC pads. I guess that leaves the camera. I will try a different wire for the camera tomorrow. If that doesn't work I will have to get a new camera.

Attachments

• TbNEVMUl.jpg
    TbNEVMUl.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 3
OK, wiring seems ok I think except I see that the camera is 5-40 volts in, I would try the 9v or VCC pad to power the camera, they often do not like being fed at the low end of their input voltage rating. Also I wonder why the OSD isn't on your black screen, maybe it is due to the camera not feeding anything. All well, 1 thing at a time. If the VCC pad makes the camera work (which it could) then maybe the OSD will come through too.

If your not getting OSD from either the direct cam or FC connections, suspect the VTX.
Have you tested with a viewer or goggles that there is signal transmitting and your synced up with it?

So I just tested from the VCC and the 9 volts and it is not changing anything. I am synced to a channel because whenever I unplug my battery from my drone my goggles go static. I am ordering a replacement VTC and camera just to make sure I solve the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion