Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Drone from China

merdok

Reaction score
Anyone in the US bought a drone from China? Any idea how much customs, duties, and taxes is gonna cost me? My good deal may not be so good.

Murdok,

I've bought a few things from China and the only additional fees I've incurred have been shipping costs but they usually provide that info before you make your payment. I'm in the US not sure if you are as well. The biggest hassle for me has been the wait time. Sometimes it can take up to a month to get an order if you don't want to pay for additional shipping. Also, be careful and only buy from the more reputable vendors or you may never see your stuff.

Welcome and good luck!

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, that makes me feel better. They are a new company but seem to be legit. If you care to look at it when you are bored and have nothing else to do check it out. Google VIFLY R220.
They told me that they handle all of the shipping charges and should have it within 5 business days, they ship with DHL. I am in the states as well, Va. I have been communicating with them for a week now, no issues, I will keep you posted.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Merdok,

Looks pretty cool! A little like a Shuriken. I watched a few videos, kind of liked this one. Good luck and let me know how you make out!

Jerry

Last edited:
Reminds me of the Arris f210 as well. I have also waited forever for items from China. I made an order for an SRD101 and the shipping estimate said 6-7 days on helipal. In reality it took them 8 days to ship, then 14 more days in transit! Right now, surprisingly, the best deal going seems to be the Eachine (gasp!) Wizard 220 on banggood.com. Usually I don't like the Eachine drones but the Wizard is good. I do really like Eachine's goggles. Cheap and very good.

I'm waiting on my Diatone Crusader GT2, hopefully next week! I don't even know how to fly these things yet but when I get the GT2 I'll have 3 of them. An Arris X-Speed 250B and a JJPro P200. Of course, I got them all just in time for a good old South Dakota winter. Hopefully, we'll be spending a month or two in Texas so I should get to "practice" some more down there. Oh...and I just got my Mavic Pro two days ago.

Jerry

Well I pulled the trigger on the VIFLY R220 today. I picked up two extra batteries and the goggles from VIFLY. I will keep you guys posted, hopefully it wont take to long to get to me.

Well I pulled the trigger on the VIFLY R220 today. I picked up two extra batteries and the goggles from VIFLY. I will keep you guys posted, hopefully it wont take to long to get to me.

I got a closer look and it looks pretty cool, congrats! What goggles did you get, and what radio will you be using? Just curious...

I don't usually buy something unless I know exactly what it is. With that said, I am embarrassed to say that I am not really sure what the goggles are. They are sold on the www.viflydrone.com site and I figured I would start with these instead of dropping big bucks on a better set. The guy told me they work well and I know he is trying to make a sale but I feel like we have developed a good line of communication. I hope they turn out ok, I will give my honest feedback after I figure out what I am doing with them. With your experience you may be able to look at them and tell, but I'm not sure.

I'm ok with posting here what I paid for everything. I purchased the VIFLY R220, 2 extra batteries and the goggles. Shipped to my house was $466. I felt like this was a reasonable price for what I was getting, I am new tho the sport/hobby and I will learn on this set up. If I end up liking it I will move up as I move up in the sport. If you figure out what those goggles are let me know please.

Merdok,

I'm kind of in the same boat as you are, I'm just learning this racing stuff. I've been flying Phantoms and Solo's for about 2 years now. The bird you're getting looks pretty cool, I can't find the goggles on their website.

I'm using the Fatshark Dominator V3 for goggles and upgraded my RC to a FrSky Taranis X9D Plus so I can bind multiple birds to a single RC. Financially, I've jumped right in with 3 birds, the RC, a few different cameras, a couple of flight controllers, a few receivers, a parallel battery charger, about 12 batteries and various other odds and ends. I'm committed now. I've had a lot of fun the past month or so, just wish winter wasn't here.

I'm glad you've got your bird coming and I hope you have as much fun with it as I've been having with mine!

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, sounds like you went all out. I too will be buying the P4P around the first of the year. To see the goggles I think you have to click on the buy it now and then the store opens up, well it's a little store anyway.

Scott

Scott,

I went back to the site and found the goggles but they don't provide any info and the picture cant be expanded to get a better look. What I did notice is the resolution is pretty low at 480 x 272. The only goggles I saw on Amazon with that resolution were the Eachine Vr-007 ($85 on Amazon) but those are providing 40 channels not 32 like the ones shown on the ViFly site. Most of the lower-end goggles are running 800 x 480 like the Eachine EV800's ($95 on Amazon). I checked out the EV800's before I purchased my Fatsharks and they were actually pretty decent and got really good reviews. Just something to consider.

Jerry

I agree , the Eachine goggles are very good and awesome for the price. I have the EV800 ones and love them. However, they now have two other models that are slightly more expensive that I would have gotten instead if I had seen them because of the diversity receiver on both, and higher res of 1920x1080 on one. I like mine more than my friend's $350 fatsharks because of the field of view. Only downside is they are big, don't have quite as good a receiver as fatsharks and can't do 3D. But if you pick up a new pair, at least you will have an extra set for ride-alongs.

The ones I saw on VIFLY seem to be a similar small form factor to the fatsharks, which is a plus. But the resolution and probably field of view will leave something to be desired IMO.

For a radio, I don't think you can beat Radiolink at the moment. The AT9S is amazing at $140, and the AT9 is a steal at $100. Both include a receiver for that price. The taranis is pretty much the consensus best radio at $220.

Thanks guys, hopefully the goggles will be decent along with the RC that it comes with. Now it's just a waiting game.

I'm waiting on my Diatone Crusader GT2, hopefully next week! I don't even know how to fly these things yet but when I get the GT2 I'll have 3 of them. An Arris X-Speed 250B and a JJPro P200. Of course, I got them all just in time for a good old South Dakota winter. Hopefully, we'll be spending a month or two in Texas so I should get to "practice" some more down there. Oh...and I just got my Mavic Pro two days ago.

Jerry

Jerry, that GT2 looks wicked! I see a set of controller mitts in your future xD

Green,

Yeah, I can't wait to get my hands on it! I'm going to hold off on flying it until I learn a bit more on my Arris "practice" quad. Obviously, I may have to take it up once or twice to make sure it works. ;)

Jerry

Green,

Yeah, I can't wait to get my hands on it! I'm going to hold off on flying it until I learn a bit more on my Arris "practice" quad. Obviously, I may have to take it up once or twice to make sure it works. ;)

Jerry

For the winter, you might want to pick up a micro drone. I have been flying an SRD101 around the house that I got from helipal for a hundred bucks. It is pretty fun and good practice.

Yeah, I got a Tiny Whoop. Between my two little house dogs barking their @sses off chasing it around and trying to destroy it and flying it for a minute down the stairs, down the hallway, crashing it, having it land upside-down, then taking my goggles off, getting off my @ss to go down the stairs to get it, climbing back up the stairs, sitting my @ss back down, putting my goggles back on, only to see the flashing lights indicating that it needs a new battery, it's hardly worth it! Then the 3 hours to charge 8 batteries to do it all over again...I think they call it insanity.

I have to find one that lasts a bit longer and is a little more durable. I'll take a look at the one you mentioned.

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax