Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Drone doesn't fly

TheSkiesDepths

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here and I just got my first fpv rtf drone (eachine wizard x220s) and I plugged the battery in (no props) and it revved up fine, I tuned it in betaflight and it was OK. Then I put the props on and put the battery on charge with the charger it came with (pretty bad one) and after that when I plug in the battery all it does is beep and the receiver doesn't do anything, so if any of you guys know if its the battery or charger or even the drone then I'd be happy to take your advice.
Thanks for reading.

Firstly welcome to ‘club madness’.

I would grab a multimeter and check your battery voltage at the xt60 plug. If it’s a 4s battery you should be seeing about 14.8v fully charged, 3s would be roughly 11.8v fully charged to confirm if the charger is charging the battery. If not, your quad won’t fire up if the voltage is below 3.1v (or thereabouts).

Next would be to check that your charger is working, again with a multimeter and see if you can squeeze your probes into the xt60/charger connection to see what voltage output there is from the charger. You should be seeing a voltage greater than that of the battery before you plug it in. If it’s the original charger supplied with the wizard x220s, throw it in the bin and upgrade anyway. If the quad spools up in Betaflight, chances are it will be a source voltage rather than the quad itself.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Firstly welcome to ‘club madness’. I would grab a multimeter and check your battery voltage at the xt60 plug. If it’s a 4s battery you should be seeing about 14.8v fully charged, 3s would be roughly 11.8v fully charged to confirm if the charger is charging the battery. If not, your quad won’t fire up if the voltage is below 3.1v (or thereabouts).
Next would be to check that your charger is working, again with a multimeter and see if you can squeeze your probes into the xt60/charger connection to see what voltage output there is from the charger.
If your quad spools up in Betaflight, chances are it may just be a battery issue.
Thanks a lot I'll check it out

You can also check your gyro calibration and increase your Arm angle. If the quad doesn't think it's flat it won't arm

29374915-5e93425e-8270-11e7-9b4a-3e9965d3eaa5.png

This is a good resource, everything he writes is informative and fairly easy to follow.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
You can also check your gyro calibration and increase your Arm angle. If the quad doesn't think it's flat it won't arm

29374915-5e93425e-8270-11e7-9b4a-3e9965d3eaa5.png

This is a good resource, everything he writes is informative and fairly easy to follow.

Thanks a lot ill have a look

Reactions: rtkDarling

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax