Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Drone Causes House Fire

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
We all know this can happen but saw this posted in another of our forums
so just as a reminder.
I’m the worlds worse on leaving mine while charging in my hobby room and guess I’ve been lucky but gonna rethink where I charge all of mine.

Same thing happened to me but I was able to get it out of my house since I noticed it was bulging and getting bigger and warmer. Just in case I immediately moved it outside and 5 min later it exploded. Not actually exploded but fireball shooting out like 5 feet, my house would have burned down. Bat.jpg

I had similar happed years back, I was charging my Align heli battery inside a warehouse where I used to work and it exploded, but it was contained inside this same fire proof safe 17yrs ago. I bought this vault from a junk yard for $2.00, it’s been repainted and I’ve kept it all these years, and still charge my batteries inside while I sleep.

IMG_2112.JPG

"and still charge my batteries inside while I sleep. "

That's just asking for trouble...........

Not really, I used to work for a RC Helicopter company, and we deliberately blow stuff inside that vault. I had a long hiatus from RC after I joined the service (USMC) and when I got out, I joined the fire department. I know a little bit about fire management [emoji16]

Not really, I used to work for a RC Helicopter company, and we deliberately blow stuff inside that vault. I had a long hiatus from RC after I joined the service (USMC) and when I got out, I joined the fire department. I know a little bit about fire management [emoji16]
I have a bit of experience too, Electronic Counter Measure systems was my MOS (6482) in the USMC for VMAQ-2 Playboy Squadron (MAG-14, 2nd MAW), I specialized in Deceptive systems like Cryptography, Jammers, and Early Warning of Attack systems. That was where I started in 1980 and it included Flight Line Firefighting on the flight deck of the USS Nimitz, so I know a bit about many different types of fires.

While not in RC until about 4 years ago, I have helped to design, build. and troubleshoot the global telecommunications infrastructure for every major provider worldwide that exists, or ever existed, over the last 35 years. I have worked with battery banks/charging systems in the Central Offices and Data Centers that powered/power the entire telephone system during power outages, and I think you can imagine how big those are.

While you can contain the fire in your vault, you can't contain the smoke and soot damage and toxic airborne chemicals that can result when, NOT IF, this happens to you

I will not charge while I sleep when it comes to LiPO batteries.

Again, IMHO
Randy

Starting up a year old thread are ya ?

• Haha
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hey, I didn't restart the thread, but I couldn't let a old Jarhead comment without supporting my fellow Marine with a like!
??⚓??
;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey, I didn't restart the thread, but I couldn't let a old Jarhead comment without supporting my fellow Marine with a like!
??⚓??
;)
Sorry I have to jump in here. Your nick names for the various forces always makes me smile. When I was serving, we called navy personnel anchor wankers, Air Force were fly boys and the army were called pongos. I served during the first gulf war and that was an eye opener, safe on a warship but understanding of the chaos that was happening on shore.
Kudos to all serving and past service members.

• Love
Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fducloux