Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Drone build

So, that is a new extra board, new 'floar' which I must add to my Betaglight F4?

Why not a gps, because Betaflight not have SDA and SCL port, or?

If I can add gps, I don't must buy separate gps for founding lost drone, just go in goggles and read LAT and LON.

Last edited:
I've never used a GPS unit. Some bind to your phone I know, but zero experience.
Don't even worry about that yet, you need to learn how to fly first! It'll be a month at least before you can fly that quad far enough away from yourself to lose it :)

I don't know what this means. The Kakute comes with a barometer which will tell you altitude.

You'll need to add a unit for GPS, otherwise this board has it all

I meant that are separate board..
I am confused because in this link
..and which was ordered, I not see 'barometer' options. And in last link you sent me is with barometer options (49$)
But I am not ordered that?

Will I be able to install this gps to my BetaFlight F4 (16$)?

BN-880 is the 6-wire GPS with a compass, which would only want if you were going for full auto flight with GPS hold, RTH etc. but then we are talking about switching to iNav instead of Betaflight and it's a huge learning curve.

All you need is a simple 4-wire compass that is just connected to tx & rx pads of any spare UART on your flight controller. The Beitian model is BN-220, and most places like GETFPV, RDQ have their own version. I use this one

Reactions: rtkDarling
I was ordered BN-880. :/

I need GPS to show me LAT i LON.
Want to show me altitude for security reason.
Also good to have RTH options.

I saw i video how to add that gps and open RTH in BetaFlight aplication and it seams easy, do I wrong?

Do I have all ports for that wires connect on betaflight?

Btw I can still cancel Bn-880, it still in processing..

Yes the BN-880 will work, you would just not connect the 2 SCA & SCL wires for the magnetometer (compass). But if you can, I would change your order to the BN-220, it will work just as well for you as the 880 and it is MUCH smaller

Once you hit 7 inches you want a bigger motor than a 22XX. I would be using a 2408 or even a 25XX series motor to swing 7 inch blades.

rtkDarling, motors out of stock! :) Must buy other.
Pleass give me good motors :)
Do I looking 1700kv or smoller?
If yes, I found this 24xx:
1500kv

1700kv

2508 1200kv (from rotorbuilds page you gived me).

Tell me what you think of this.

The BrotherHobby 2507 1500 kv are great for a 7" build, I have them on my iFlight XL7015.JPG

Reactions: rtkDarling
Will be fit on Martian II frame?
There are dimensions of 22xx and 25xx motors, the same is 16mm in middle i see.

Attachments

• 2017120811413269_1.jpg
    2017120811413269_1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20190723-202619_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190723-202619_Chrome.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I was looking at that. I couldn't find the screw pattern info for the frame
If 22xx and 25xx motors have same hole distant, and in manual of frame 22xx are recomended, so it must fit 25xx, I think.?
If not I can print a new one or only some extensions for bolts.

Look! He build 2205 on martian II frame!! :)
(But my frame will be 295).

Last edited:
Look! He build 2205 on martian II frame!! :)
(But my frame will be 295).
Yeah, he's running 5" compared to your 7", it does make quite a difference

Take a look at this, he had the same problem, and he outlines some of the problems with seven inch.

He's running a 2806, it's a monster. Also remember that he's running his on 6s compared to your 4s, that's why his KV is so low.

Last edited:
Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas