Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Drone build

Ok. Now, when you will have some time, please check my part list at first topic and see do we forgot something :)

Looking good. If you haven't read that Oscar Liang paper I linked to above you really should before you get started.
Here's what you're looking at:
how-to-build-fpv-mini-quad-racing-drone-parts-list-1024x683.jpg

You may still needs small things like a capacitor, screws for the stack, heatshrink, electrical tape, zip ties, solder and an iron etc.
I also didn't see a battery charger, did I miss that?

No offense, but you can't rely on some stranger on a website too much! You can only leverage my experience to a point, you're going to want to get a firm understanding of your hardware.

My first build was a mess. I destroyed an antenna on my test flight. I had to take it completely apart and do the whole thing over again before I had something I could fly with confidence.

In all honesty, you're probably speaking to one of the worst builders that frequents this site :) But hey, I'm glad to help where I can.

Yes, I looked that link and read some parts.
I have charger imax b6 from my last e-skate build.
I not working with heatshrink, because I don't have it.
Other things I have.. (I hink?).
For capacitor and buzzer I will wait for now, frst to run up quad, then other repairs later.

Last edited:
Reactions: rtkDarling
I got answer that no cable with that reciever, and he already shipped package. What now, buy only cable? Can I solder without it (with some wire)?

I would wait till the receiver shows up before you worry too much, I have never seen a receiver come without the wire harness. Is it a new receiver? Which receiver is it?

Last edited:
I hope you right ?
I think that sellers don't know what is in package, because they look only picture which have on ebay, like we, no other information. I had that case once time when asked a seller for one thing in package, they also told me that I will not got, but when package recieved, I got that what I asked him ?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Is there anybody who have this situation with shipping from China?
This is second time with that problem. This package (martian II) circle around China every day. Is there retard or what? Look:

11 Srp 201901:37
Logistics order has been created
13.07. Sent to next transit pointZhengzhou, Henan
14.07. Arrive at sorting centerZhengzhou, Henan
15.07.Arrived at sorting centerBeijing
16.07. Arrive at sorting centerBeijing
16.07. Henan
17.07. Hanan
18.07. Beijing
19.07. Beijing
20.07. Hanan
21.07. Beijing
22.07. Beijing
23.07. Hanan
24.07. Hanan
25.07. Beijing
26.07. Henan
27.07. Henan
28.07. Beijing..etc, etc..until to today, is the same circle..

I contact Aliexpress they told me that my package are security risk and because they returning it everyday back.

• Sad
I want buzzer which can give me only ONE (1) beep per xx seconds. That is less irritated sond to me.
With 1 beep I found only this:
1)Vifly finder 1 & 2
2) FullSpeed Lucky Box.

Else?

Last edited:
09 Sep 2019 14:27
Leaving Jingyou International,sent to Beijing InternationalBeijing,China
09 Sep 2019 06:28
Arrive at sorting center Beijing...
I think that I will order new one frame ?
Waiting 1 months and it circling around China..
Other recieved for 2-3 weeks, like normal.

Last edited:
On buzzers...
I have 1 hellgate, a few vifly, and a few luckybox buzzers, I like the luckybox better just because it is a little louder and half the cost or less, though it is a little bigger. Just my experience.

Reactions: DanyCro
Guys what mean how much FPV meters you will give me for my setup TX805 & EV800D?
I watched videos, some guys can do 1 km range (with different reciever), and one guy go 2.13 km with that goggles..

Also, first going down FPV signal, then signal from transmitter Taranis, or?

How far your video will reach is a constantly varying number, it will change greatly with disturbance from other radio signals (noise in the area), obstructions (trees, buildings and such) quality of receiver and antennas, and so on.

The higher the frequency, the shorter distance it will go, so video should fail (5.8 GHz) before Taranis (2.4 GHz).

I am a little confused, you seem to want to go long range, so you will likely lose your quad doing so. Longer range flights are inherently dangerous to losing your equipment. When you fly out the antenna is best placed to give you good signal if you stay clean line of sight (nothing but air between the 2 antenna, goggle and quad), but when you turn to come back the quad frame (carbon fiber) will block some of the signal and you may lose video.

Are you sure you understand the risks? Your questions do not sound like you have the experience or proven equipment to go long range, or even medium range. Please be careful to slowly test how far you can go, or you will surely lose your quad.

IMHO

Yes yes. Don't worry about loosing my quad. You will not be responsible :)

Not worry, I am 30+ and I drive smart :) I have places, stright places without buildings, but there is some bushes, and on some places lot of woods. Now I learning fly every day on simulator. Next will be clean area with grass (soft place if I crash). When I will have clean fligt, then I will test a long range. I can test it by following river on grass, where I can see it if I crash.

I didn't know that about GHz, good to know. Thanks for worning me.

Good, I only felt it was wise to warn you, I am glad you are planning wisely! Best of luck!
The first thing you may want to do is get some better antennas than what comes with the EV800D, for long range you will need a good patch antenna, and most who actually fly long range use a ground station and high power vTX (1 watt or more) to achieve this.

20190811_205343.jpg
My first step done. 99 more to go??
Good news that it working in BF...
Only don't know where I will solder all that wires :) it seams to me that not have enough 'solder places' to set wires, probably must go one trought other..

Is the ok that my FC in BF have name Omnibus F4? I thought that be Betaflight F4.. I see that is some specific board, no diagrams for that model..

Omnibus is a hardware design, Betaflight is a software, they are different things. If you plug your FC into Betaflight Configurator and connect to it. Then go to CLI and type the word dump and press enter. Scroll back up to the top of the output and it will tell you what "FC Target" the software is. In the below example this board is an SPRACINGF3 and that is what I pick in the "Board" section of the firmware flasher.

1565558280648.png

1565558348087.png

Reactions: rtkDarling

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax