Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DRL simulator

VirtueViolater

Reaction score
Wow! im not the pilot i thought i am. got my "dongle" for my spektrum transmitter in the mail today, good thing i got drl going before i signed up for a race.....lol having a hard time with tight turns but getting better. coulda saved myself alot of money if i had done this sooner altho i enjoy building and have done more builds and repairs than flying...lol.

I have the drl, freerider, and rotor rush sim, I think that rotor rush is the most realistic, however it costs $50, but I think it is worth it. I put in a minimum of 1hr on the sim daily.

I'm new to FPV and have both the DRL simulator and FreeRider. I bought an BNF QAV-R and I found for me and the way my QAV is set up, FreeRider is actually much closer to real flying. The DRL simulator is very twitchy and much more sensitive than my QAV. If you can master the DRL sim, I'm sure it'll make real flying a breeze...

Im having trouble with creating a profile page. some of the line items wont give me a curser to create my username, password and some others. But some will let me change them. Im going to uninstall and reinstall.

I spent hours upon hours on DRL learning to fly.......

I'm using the default rate settings in DRL.(where ever those are)

I'm also using the default rates that came installed on my betaflight F3 FC (I'm assuming it was just the standard rates wth the latest beta flight version...
I have no clue how differant the 2 values are....
(Sim VS real quad)

Both seem to fly ok.... maybe be I'm just not a good enough pilot to feel the difference's

On my quad
I'm not getting any abnormal oscillation's with pids as is ....so I won't be chasing that unicorn for awhile ......

As my skills grow I will try to tune it up..... as of right now though, I'm not sure I could reap the benefits at my current level.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax