Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Dreaded RX_Loss

coyote_dc5

Reaction score
So....all of a sudden i keep receiving this now on two separate drones. I fly these areas all the time and know my limits but yet this keeps happening to me. The only difference i can pin it on is since moving to the latest FrSky firmware on the X7. I also noticed since this started i no longer get the audible warning of low RSSI anymore and it just drops out the sky with no warning.

Help..

If you updated the OpenTX then you will need to rebuild the SD card with the corresponding SD card contents to get your voices back. The OpenTX has absolutely nothing to do with the Internal; XJT transmit module and it's firmware traditionally, so I doubt it has anything to do with the fail safes. On the QX7 series the antenna is soldered on and therefore you shouldn't be able to damage the transmitter section (the internal XJT transmitter module) by transmitting without an antenna. Could there be new disturbers in the area like wifi or cell towers? If all is as before then the issue is Internal XJT is damaged somehow, the antenna has physically been damaged or a broken solder joint where it is soldered onto the XJT board, or there is somehow something wrong with the RX's or their antennas or placement.

Reactions: Wayno52
I didnt touch the OpenTX, only the XJT firmware. I think it has something to do with polorisation of my SPI and diverse whip antennas. Both of them are horizontally mounted whereas the X7 as it pointing up so I'm going to do some trials and change positions etc. I was hoping the XM+ would out do the old SPI I had but its performing worse than it so has to be antenna positioning. Will report back

I'm definitely seeing an improvement now with the antennas in this position but it's still not as stable as the original single whip it had from Emax. I have changed the failsafe to be hold throttle now stage 1 and stage 2 kick in now 8ms instead of 4ms so hopefully that helps with the momentary RX LOSS issues. Any more suggestions, could the plastic shroud I'm using be blocking signal ?

Attachments

• IMG_20200830_114220.jpg
    IMG_20200830_114220.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
No, I don't think so, that plastic should not bother the RF signal. The XM+ should blow the old SPI out of the water, I am not sure what could be going on.

Could it be active antenna length maybe. I'm going to measure them this weekend and check. Does anyone know if XM+ should be 1/4 WL @ 32mm?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz