Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Does anyone know how to fix my issues in this vid?

Squiggle

Reaction score
I have an Eachine Stack-X(I know, bad decision) & this is one of the videos I did today, I'm trying to figure out how to fix the jumpy recording & the bad video in general, is it electrical noise(this is my guess), vibration noise or what? This will have nothing to do with the vtx as this is an on board recording & it's meant to be in 1080p. I'm using a 32Gb micro SD card that is speed class V30 with a read speed of 100mbps & a write speed 60mbps

Ok, so I feel like a bit of a dope cause I just watched the video on my phone & there’s no jumping, guess I’m gonna need a new laptop or update my media player. :(

The noise seems to be from the motors & I’m not sure how to fix that.

Ok, so I feel like a bit of a dope cause I just watched the video on my phone & there’s no jumping, guess I’m gonna need a new laptop or update my media player. :(

The noise seems to be from the motors & I’m not sure how to fix that.
Well that looks like vibration noise like you said, and it'sonly going when you throttle up so I don't think it's your computer? Might be, but you can soft mount your motors and see if that fixes it

Reactions: Squiggle
Thank guys, so what size cap & where would I install it?

The reason I said I need a new laptop was that when watching the video on mine it was very jumpy, like the recording had dropouts, but not when watching it on my phone.

I’ve got some o-rings for the motors, I’ll give that a go too & see how the next video goes.

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
Its easier to isolate your flight controller, also, if you are not powering the dvr from the bec, that could cause interference. Use at least 25v 470 uf low esr capacitor between + and - battery solder pads on fc (or unused esc pads) does wonders for video AND flight characteristics
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073MVLQSJ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ones I use
Oh yeah, don't hook em up backward, they go boom

Cool, thanks. How do I isolate the fc?

Not sure how it’s powered, it came assembled. I’ll have a look later this evening.

Thanks for the link but they don’t ship to AUS, I found these on fleabay, are they the right ones?

74166F31-BDE3-4B04-AD01-A2755C598E5E.png

Also, would they work on a whoop? Mine has shocking distortion/noise. It’s always happening, even with just the battery connected & the motors not spinning or armed.

Its easier to isolate your flight controller, also, if you are not powering the dvr from the bec, that could cause interference. Use at least 25v 470 uf low esr capacitor between + and - battery solder pads on fc (or unused esc pads) does wonders for video AND flight characteristics
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073MVLQSJ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ones I use
Oh yeah, don't hook em up backward, they go boom

Are the ones pictured above the right ones? Also, would they work on a E010 tiny whoop?

Reactions: VirtueViolater
That definitely looks like electronic noise from ESC/ motors. Try using these low ESR caps - I found a bunch sold on eBay for cheap. I bought a dozen and use em on all my builds and NEVER have any disturbances on cameras.

Panasonic FM 1000uF 35V

Reactions: Wayno52
Cool, thanks guys.

@virturviolator mentioned isolating the flight controller, how would I do that & what are the benefits of doing it?

Cool, thanks guys.

@virturviolator mentioned isolating the flight controller, how would I do that & what are the benefits of doing it?
I believe he means to isolate it from vibrations from the motors. To do that, use vibration dampening rings under the FC board standoffs or screws. You can also use soft silicon grommets in the FC mounting holes (you may have to round file the holes to by able to insert them). Here are examples of both:

Rings~
20 PCS O-rings Vibration Isolation Flight Controller Protection Rubber Band Green White for RC Drone Sale - Banggood Mobile

Grommets~
Diatone Flight Controller Damping Rubber Ring Blue 10 PCS for RC Drone FPV Racing Multi Rotor Sale - Banggood Mobile

Oh I get it now, isolate from vibration, I thought he meant electrically isolated. I have all those things already, o-rings, rubber stand-offs & spacers, that will be the next move when the caps arrive.

Ok, so the caps arrived yesterday. I installed it & also isolated the stack with some rubber stand-offs & there’s absolutely no change, pretty frustrating indeed. Does anyone have any other ideas what the cause could be & how to fix the noise/distortion?

These motors were brand new when I setup this quad so I don’t think it’s that, but how would I test if it is a faulty motor?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax