Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI HD goggles and Iflight DC3

tevek

Reaction score
Well folks I scrimped and saved and lashed out and bought the digital goggles and an Iflight DC3 setup. Configured it last night and put a couple of batteries through it this morning. It’s over 40C at the moment so only a quick run before the heat ended everything.
First impressions are that the digital goggles are outstanding with me flying in spots that were never possible with my fatsharks (albeit they are V3s that are a few years old). The fact that you can see twigs, fence lines and that you can fly around buildings with minimal loss of vision is a huge improvement over what I have been running.
Not a DJI fanboy, despite having owned phantoms etc like everyone else), but the experience is that good.
I‘ll post up some footage if tomorrow if it’s not a stinker. 8BD47764-29A0-4475-9A3C-485062AB0579.jpeg

Nice one mate, did you get the dji tx too or bnf for yours?
Where from?
Nah, using the Taranis with a XM+ rx. Picked up the package from our mate Grant!
Trying to get a horrible drift to the right sorted out, just finished setting up my endpoints and will give that a try.
Actually I am starting to think it’s the controller (worn gimbal?) as I’m starting to see it with some of my other quads.

Reactions: Wayno52
Both angle and acro. Took it for another spin earlier and the end points calibration fixed a lot of it. Having to give it a bit more yaw than usual to keep it centred and I’ve noticed it with my other quads as well. Other than that, the range and clarity is otherworld, pity I had to do a runner after a couple of packs this afternoon. Other side of 40C again, time for a dip and drink.

Wow, haven't had it in acro before so not sure what that will be. I'm pretty certain Randy, rtk or Nate might have a better idea on that.
Yep 40+ and we're are gonna kick the Kiwi's butt tonight.

Come on Boxing Day.

Reactions: tevek
Are you sure that the trim adjustment is centered and the yaw midpoint is 1500 Tevek? Does it seem to lag or jump when you look at the receiver tab and go through the yaw travel?

Reactions: Wayno52 and tevek
Are you sure that the trim adjustment is centered and the yaw midpoint is 1500 Tevek? Does it seem to lag or jump when you look at the receiver tab and go through the yaw travel?
Cheers for replying, the endpoints were miles out and the quad certainly ‘sits’ better after adjustment and doesn’t jump around in the receiver tab, but further into the flight I still need to apply a lot more yaw to to swing to the right. Funny thing is it will hover nicely in either horizon or acro with minimal input and then later start to drift to the left. I’ve looked at some YouTube stuff regarding cli commands to address the drift, but starting to think it may be the Tx as I’ve seen it with a couple of my other quads. The only thing I haven’t done is play with the trim sliders on the Taranis. Never had to in the past but maybe it’s that.

Quick update, I double checked the yaw midpoint in BF and it was indeed moving around 1502 - 1505. Hadn’t noticed it before, added 5 to the yaw deadband and now much better, a quick lap around the oval and whilst the stick is a bit doughy around midpoint, it’s not drifting. Maybe I’m subconsciously leaning on the stick. I’m a thumbs flyer and not a pincher.

Same here mate, let's be realistic. None of us are Steele.
Glad to see you got it sorted.
I quite often lean slightly in flips and notice I don't usually come out dead straight.
Never think too much about it until I watch it back.
Hope you have a great Christmas mate, fly as much as possible and safe travels.

Same here mate, let's be realistic. None of us are Steele.
Glad to see you got it sorted.
I quite often lean slightly in flips and notice I don't usually come out dead straight.
Never think too much about it until I watch it back.
Hope you have a great Christmas mate, fly as much as possible and safe travels.
Cheers big guy, at least I won’t be buying another controller just yet. Working chrissy and back home Boxing Day so at least i can watch the cricket. Was going to take some gear up and fly after work, but apparently it’s a normal working day so that‘s the end of that......

Bugger working Christmas day but as you say home for cricket and if a fan, Sydney to Hobart.
Such a fun day compared to all the running around on Christmas.
Grrrrrinch. Lol
Yep, my Christmas shopping is all online. Despise the crowds and the nearest shop of any worth is a 320 klm round trip.
I’ll miss the start of the big boat race, and the first day of the test but it’s all good. Prawns and beer at the crack of dawn the next morning because I can.

Hey @tevek! I think you have a Frsky TX right? Did you adjust your midpoint in the Outputs section on the radio? I find that many don't adjust their mids and ends properly in the TX so I just wanted to make sure you were doing this. There are so many tricks I have learned about how to truly dial in the mids and ends and sticky TX sticks to get the best resolution and performance.

Hey @tevek! I think you have a Frsky TX right? Did you adjust your midpoint in the Outputs section on the radio? I find that many don't adjust their mids and ends properly in the TX so I just wanted to make sure you were doing this. There are so many tricks I have learned about how to truly dial in the mids and ends and sticky TX sticks to get the best resolution and performance.
Hi Randy, I did adjust the ppm on my Taranis QX7S to get the yaw midpoint closer to 1500 as it was bouncing around a bit. I also adjusted the yaw deadband in BF as per Project Falcon’ tutorial, but thinking now that I should only do one and not the other/both. I’ll take it for a quick spin later this morning to see where I’m going with this. Flying in an open fields is not so bad, but around the trees in my yard is butt clenching...

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Update #36
Well Randy was good enough to hook up with me today and I sat back, shut up and went to school on his wealth of knowledge and experience. Essentially fine tuned my set up, updated BF, downgraded the FW for my FC and away I went. Had a couple of runs this afternoon, and naturally smacked a tree on my last pack, but what a difference he made to my setup. Absolutely got back that grinning experience again after banging my head against the wall for a bit.
You‘re the man @HighTechPauper. Take a bow.

• Love
I said it once, and I'll say it again, you are far too kind @tevek and I am always down to help a DRP brother in any way I can. Glad she is flying better for you! :)

I said it once, and I'll say it again, you are far too kind @tevek and I am always down to help a DRP brother in any way I can. Glad she is flying better for you! :)
Well she is definitely a different beast to fly and my confidence has returned. Given the absolute wafer thin support down my way, it’s the clever folk like yourself that make this forum a valuable resource for clunkers like myself. Heading back down to the oval to run some more packs through her, could’ve sworn she was smiling at me when I plugged the chargers in...
Thanks again!

• Love

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax