Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV goggles

4th_Dimension

Reaction score
Good evening all,
I am wondering does DJI force you to updates your "DJI FPV goggles" like they do their drones?

Not sure about actually forcing you to update as I always read through the notes to see if there was any benefit before doing so. Any geofencing updates were avoided completely as I was caught out once with an update that had some useful features and DJI snuck a geofence code in with it.
More annoying to me are the endless updates for my apple devices and that I had to update the FW on my brand new BETAFPV HX115 HD just to get it to fly.

Reactions: Wayno52
I think you missed my point but it's ok. I am talking about the "DJI FPV Google's" not "DJI drones". Where they would ground your drone until you updated because you need that DJI go app. I was told off thread that not forced updates to the DJI FPV goggles.

Yeah sorry if I wondered off topic, I was referring to any or all updates interfering with the goggles working as they were originally delivered. There were many examples of FW updates grounding many phantoms a couple of years ago and subsequent updates were quickly rolled out to rectify coding issues. As for the goggles, who knows? DJI runs its own closed system and those with the complete controller, goggles and air unit package will be hoping that future updates have been thoroughly tested prior to any rollouts.

The answer is no. There will be no mandatory updates on the DJI FPV System. Your racing drones can continue flying..

Reactions: 4th_Dimension
I have seen none..... that’s not how this system works. It’s only the users benefit On firmware. Yes I don’t like DJIs forced updates on their drones.

Reactions: 4th_Dimension

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax