Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Digital so expensive D:

LordofShadows

Reaction score
Was about to pull the trigger on getfpv lumineer RTF: Lumenier QAV-R 2 Freestyle Quadcopter RTF w/ DJI Digital HD FPV System

Then I added a discoutned battery and it hit $1400 -- Which made me think, man that's more than a mavic 2, this is too much

Then I found an 8% coupon, alright, still expensive, but okay

Then I find out they charge State sales tax, back to $1400 :(

I mean, I can throw away the cash, but I like to feel like I'm getting value for my money...

I'll have to wait around for some open box DJI digitals or someone unable to return it and selling it on ebay...

And who knows maybe I'll hate the things when I finally do get them... and just go back to strapping a gopro hero7 on my existing analog drones

Note: I have two of these ARRIS drones for $200 not too bad (albeit you still need a receiver)

I'd hate to crash 1400 dollars as many times as I've crashed the ARRIS ones

Broke down and bought the air unit and goggles from amazon, will hack into my existing drones, seems they have a Flycolor Raptor S flight controller, which has a bunch of plugs instead of solder pads, so theoretically if I can solder together power, ground, rx, and tx wires, I'll have enough for digital FPV and OSD

Amazon should have a decent return policy so if I dont like them I can return them (will probably just try it out using a power supply stand alone)

Alright, got them both today, not too blown away to be honest. I just used two 4S batteries to test them out on the desk, updated firmware on both after activating over usb with DJI assistant, needed a paper clip to click both bind buttons. Picture is great in high quality mode, user interface is a bit clunky. The power barrel plug on the goggles seemed loose fitting and fell out a bunch of times. Having an external battery that I guess you would stick in your pocket kind of sucks. It’s lightweight and mostly plastic. Like the racing edition goggles I started feeling a bit dizzy after a while (not sure what triggers that) I’ve never been dizzy in my oculus rift unless I was doing something that would make anyone dizzy. Not too crazy about the top Goggles strap getting into your hair, but it would probably be too tight as a ski type band. I had trouble getting the entire screen in focus, the diopeter adjustments would allow me to focus the center or outside perimeter if I slide them over, but I couldn't get both in focus at the same time, if they used larger lenses I think it would have worked out, but as it is I couldn't focus the entire display

Air unit is super easy to get going, wires were already stripped I just set red and black into my lipo connector loose and unsoldered and it came up easily, updated its firmware too. It gets noticeably hot very fast, like toasty to the touch in less time than it could update firmware. Not sure how bad this affects the Fly time, but all that heat must cost power from the lipo

Air unit was much smaller than I expected, no problem fitting this into a 5” quad, could even go smaller. I don’t like how the camera is hardwired without a plug to the box, if one came loose I would think the wire might get tugged out if it got caught on something

Returning them both through amazon, if it were cheaper I might keep them, but $708 dollars is a bit too much for the quality they are putting out in my book

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agevorgi