Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Disable Intergrated VTX?

BigD451

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a Youbi 130 F3 board with the integrated vtx, I crashed it and snapped the video antenna connector off the board, making it useless for fpv. My question is; is there any way to disable the vtx? I want to use the f3 board on another build where i'm going to add a a separate vtx, only problem I have is the vtx chip gets really hot with no antenna hooked to it, i'm afraid it's going to heat up all the other components too much. Is there a way to stop that chip from getting power so it doesn't heat up anymore?

Thanks!

BigD,

Too deep for me, Bro. I've got no experience with that board. Nobody else seems to responding these days.

Sorry,

Jerry

BigD,

Too deep for me, Bro. I've got no experience with that board. Nobody else seems to responding these days.

Sorry,

Jerry
Lol thanks for at least responding and letting me know that someone else was out there lol

Reactions: Jtrjr
I don't know that board either but if you're using betaflight you might be able to do it through the cli. Try entering GET VTX and see if any commands come back.

BigD,

Dump the board. Try a Betaflight F3 AOI or something similar. Save yourself a bunch of heartache. JMHO.

Jerry

No good, didn't do anything.

Yeah I don't know, never had a board with built in vtx. I'm sure there has to be a cli command but I have no idea what it would be.

BigD,

Dump the board. Try a Betaflight F3 AOI or something similar. Save yourself a bunch of heartache. JMHO.

Jerry
Yeah I think that's the direction I'm heading, any recommendations on a good F4 board to go with my
Racerstar RS20Ax4 V2 Blheli_S 20A 2-4S 4 in 1 ESC?

BigD,

I just put the new Lumenier F4 AIO board that getfpv is selling in my Armattan build. I haven't flown it enough to give it a thumbs up. I'm using a Tramp HV in it with a 1000uf cap on the Lipo and the video isn't that great. I'm not sure if it's the FC, the camera or something else but I've used these same components in other birds and haven't ever had an issue. I'm not seeing enough of a benefit from the F4's yet so I think I'm going to stick with the BFF3 board until I see evidence of something that's really better.

Jerry

Figured it out! I just pried up a little on the vtx chip and it popped right off the board. Now I have a perfectly good F3 board without dealing with over heating issues.

chip.jpg It works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax