Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Diatone Crusader GT2 - BLHeli Configurator Help

BigD451

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a noob, so don't be too hard on me if this is a stupid question. I'm trying to flash my ESC's on my Crusader GT2 with with the Chrome App BLHeli confiurator. I hook it up, connect, plug the battery in, then hit read and only two ESC's show up. If I disconnect and reconnect then it only shows one ESC. I've flashed all my other quads with no problems, for some reason I can't figure out why the GT2 won't show all 4 ESC's. Has anybody else ran into this issue? Found a fix? Thanks in advance!

Hi Big D
The crusader gt is already flashed with betaflight 3.1 that is if you have got it in the last few months.....it should only need a few very minor PID adjustments and then just rip!....i am a noob to and have a gt150 and a 200 on the way . There may be a conflict between the 2

I hope that helps
Keith

I'm not trying to update betaflight, I already did that. I'm trying to update the ESC's with BLHeli Configurator.

Gosh I am sorry your having trouble...
This is still well beyond me
Peace and progress
Keith

I ran into the same issue but with one esc not showing, long story short I had a bad ESC

I would think that was it but it's brand new, only flew it once. I doubt its got two bad ESC's in one flight, or could it?

Was just wondering if a problem was why. Could be any number of things.

Do the esc's have signal ground wires?

BigD,

I hate to be the bearer of potentially bad news but you may have bricked some of your ESC's. Unfortunately, you probably shouldn't have attempted the update. It's happened to others over at RCG. You can read more about it on the RCG thread.
See post 578:

Diatone Crusader GT2 Coming Soon - Page 39 - RC Groups

This is the latest settings update I've seen from Diatone on the GT2:

http://www.diatone.hk/Download/GT2PNF-Final-SETTING-2017-1-1.pdf

Hopefully, you purchased your GT2 directly from DiatoneUSA. You may want to call them and see if they can help you out.

Jerry

BigD,

I hate to be the bearer of potentially bad news but you may have bricked some of your ESC's. Unfortunately, you probably shouldn't have attempted the update. It's happened to others over at RCG. You can read more about it on the RCG thread.
See post 578:

Diatone Crusader GT2 Coming Soon - Page 39 - RC Groups

This is the latest settings update I've seen from Diatone on the GT2:

http://www.diatone.hk/Download/GT2PNF-Final-SETTING-2017-1-1.pdf

Hopefully, you purchased your GT2 directly from DiatoneUSA. You may want to call them and see if they can help you out.

Jerry

If I bricked the ESC's would it still fly? because it fly's fine. Those settings are from November last year, lots of updates since then.

BigD,

I wouldn't think so. If I were you I would take it back down to Betaflight 3.0.1 and follow the instructions I posted in the PDF from Diatone. My GT2 has flown fine with those settings and everything is accessible and reports properly in Betaflight and BLHeli.

Jerry

BigD,

I wouldn't think so. If I were you I would take it back down to Betaflight 3.0.1 and follow the instructions I posted in the PDF from Diatone. My GT2 has flown fine with those settings and everything is accessible and reports properly in Betaflight and BLHeli.

Jerry
lol that's exactly what I was about to do. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks!

Fixed it! I flashed Betaflight back to 3.0.1, then I tried BLHeli again, this time all 4 ESC's showed up, I flashed them to the newest firmware, worked perfect. Went back to Betaflight and flashed it to the newest firmware 3.1.7, everything is working great now. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtrjr
BigD,

Glad it worked for you. Beware, Diatone has stated that it "works" with BetaFlight 3.0.1. Others have been having issues with newer versions. I decided to stick with 3.0.1 just to avoid any potential problems.

Jerry

BigD,

Glad it worked for you. Beware, Diatone has stated that it "works" with BetaFlight 3.0.1. Others have been having issues with newer versions. I decided to stick with 3.0.1 just to avoid any potential problems.

Jerry
Thanks for the advice, if I run into problems, Ill just downgrade back to 3.0.1

Hi guys,
i got my diatone crusader yesterday and hooked everything up and the radio is not responding to the bird
concerning betaflight or motors...the radio was able to bind...and display sensors and their activity but no acknowledment from beta flight at all.
Do i have to plug the radio into betaflight to set switches? i even changed receivers and the same response...no red light on receiver when attached to betaflight
gyro does show its working...ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

Thank you Kindly
Keith

Keith,

I'm confused by your post. You might have to start over. Didn't you have someone "set-it-up" for you? Can you get the bird connected to Betaflight through the USB port? Can you see all of the settings and tabs in Betaflight? Let's look at the bird first before we look at the radio.

Jerry

Hi Jerry
this is my new 200 i bought it from someone else because diatone usa was held up for i dont know how long and i wanted to get the bird... so i am trying to figure this stuff out as i go
The reciever does not get electricity when in betaflight and the bird is attached to the usb...bird get electricity not receiver. i swapped recievers from the GT150 which i know works...bound it to the 200 and same thing...no power to the receiver so i cant set up anything to do with radio or switches ...what do you think?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax