Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Dead FC or ESC? (or both) I can't tell.

Realistik

Reaction score
FC: JB Bardwell F4 v2
ESC: Bardwell 30A 4in1

Was out flying today and had a crash (wasn't that hard). One of the motors stopped spinning, I've had this issue before, usually it was just a loose plug to the 4in1. Tried pushing the plug back in but didn't fix the issue. Took the drone apart to get a better look and as I was pushing the plug into the FC the plug broke off. I attempted to re-solder the plug back onto the board but now it will not boot up, and Betaflight will not connect to the serial port. Receiver and VTX both power on from the board, but board lights do not come on, video and OSD transmission is gone.

I'm sure the board is dead, however my main concern is that I may have killed the ESC by accident while trying to fix the FC as it no longer beeps when power is connected. Is it likely that I have killed both boards, or would the dead FC prevent the ESC from booting/beeping when powered on? I have tried powering just the ESC without the flight controller but no luck. Fingers crossed I don't have to fork out money to replace both boards lol.

Thanks,
Josh

Yeah, that doesn't sound good. You should at least get the first 3 tones when you plug a battery in, even if your FC isn't connected. I'm guessing you may have shorted the power when you were trying to fix the plug. Just curious, have you tried powering your FC by the USB to see if it will light up?

Reactions: rtkDarling
Yeah, that doesn't sound good. You should at least get the first 3 tones when you plug a battery in, even if your FC isn't connected. I'm guessing you may have shorted the power when you were trying to fix the plug. Just curious, have you tried powering your FC by the USB to see if it will light up?

Yeah I've tried powering from the USB, no lights on the board at all. All though the receiver is still getting power from the FC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax