Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DAL Props

merdok

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am going to order some new props and I am thinking of buying some tri-blades. The ViFly runs a 5045 prop, does this mean I use the same number in the tri-blade? I am buying the same prop that came on it for spares but I thought while I was ordering I would try the tri-blades as well. Thanks.

50 series means 5", 45 is the pitch. You can use any pitch, the higher it is the more aggressive the acceleration. Not sure exactly how it affects top speed, I only have a basic understanding.

Speaking of props The ones I ordered last week showed up.....Kinda
I ordered the DAL 5045 bullnose and I received HQ 5045 props so....I have sent an Email to see what will happen.
that being said I also (just for kicks) ordered a set of carbon fiber 5045 to try them out.

Please keep me posted, hopefully they just made a mistake.

I think so....because they sent ALL cw props :rolleyes: as well I got them from Getfpv
I have also found them on amazon and will show up alot faster!

I received an email on the props and I sent them a pic of what they sent me,waiting for a response and a solution.

Mark...

Cool Mark, hopefully they will get it resolved. I am going to order some, probably tonight, and I cant decide if I should order right from DAL or Amazon.

I finally got a response they are sending priority mail with the new props and told me to just keep these!
So pretty cool!
I would just get from amazon they are crazy fast (IMPO)

50 series means 5", 45 is the pitch. You can use any pitch, the higher it is the more aggressive the acceleration. Not sure exactly how it affects top speed, I only have a basic understanding.

Well I got a little bit better understanding. But I wouldn't say that I'm an authority.

The more blades ( or the more aggressive pitch ) will move more air. This has several different affects on flight. The more air you move, the more current the motor has to use in order to try and make it's speed. Probably resulting in lower flight times too. Also, the more blades you have on one prop, the more drag will be introduced into the airstream. Sacrificing top end speed. So, there are several things to balance to get maximum performance. And they are all related to one another. IE: Number of blades, Pitch of the prop, Motor Speed (RPM), Motor Torque and Motor Current. Now, how do you combine all that to make it work? :confused: I usually just pick the color that looks best.

Somebody more intelligent than me may come along and make some corrections to my statement.

Randy

Sounds good Randy, thanks. Seems to me that makes sense. With that said I really want to try out the tri-blades so I'm going to give them a shot, slowing the top end speed for me right now is probably a good thing.

BTW scott our 220's come with the DAL props!
I had a wreck yesterday and it only bent the prop so I took it off and noticed it said DAL on it! Pretty **** cool

Mark

Good to know Mark. I just placed an order tonight for several props. I was all set to buy them from Amazon and then I found them on the actual DAL site for about half the price. I figured shipping would get me but it was just $3.50. Cant wait until they get here.

Thats awesome....I did find if you keep looking around you can get them for a better price (amazon) and they were like 2 bucks a set.
I tell you what, they are tough little buggers Iv'e bent but not broken a single one yet.
And speaking of props Mr.Steele posted a vid on his channel on props kinda cool info.

Mark...

Good stuff Mark. My tracking number says they will be here tomorrow, that was fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax