Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Da lunch box ?

Hey by the way how's Nate going? I bet your missing him heaps, hey that's part of being a great father which you are. Can't wait till you guys get back together and smash packs like you do so well.
Wayne

Reactions: HighTechPauper
he's doing great. thanks Wayno. I'm headed with the drones today to do some 4x4 flying back in the forest a bit. Going with is the guy who mows my lawn. He an old friend. . about my age with family Something like this viewer (in the black and red) would be cool to have to share the flights.
Nathaniel took the three RISE house racers and the RISE 250 to Montana. the two viewers went with him.

Its not an easy job being a white water raft guide but someone's gotta do it
FB_IMG_1504542898779.jpg

This unit is sold more to the whoop crowd. I'm not in the whoop game but would y'all think this is enough to carry quality signal to my fatsharks (ground station) or is it just a box full of delicious snacks for visitors.

Here, Natedogg is on a date with his gf. She went with him to Montana for the summer and works for the raft company as well.
FB_IMG_1531277006558.jpg

Hey JJ, I was one of the backers for the V2, it is geared towards whoops since it charges 1s whoop batts and is laid out to hold your whoop inside. The V1 was not a sold product, it was the concept piece that Lunch gave to people to see if there would be interest in producing it, needless to say that went well. It would make a good ground station for sure and there are other alternatives you might want to consider that are available right now as the V2 hasn't shipped just yet. The gold standard up until now has been the TBS Groundstation ($260+shipping), it is pricey but you get a lot for the money, the other choice is the new Furious FPV Dock King ($88), it is probably only economical if you already use a True-D in your goggles and it is 3.5 hardware. When you look at what you get for the money the TBS is a ton of stuff compared to the little orange box Dock King and that might make the Lunchbox V2 the best value for the money. Just my thoughts on this

You're welcome brother, but I wrong about the TBS model, it is for 2.4G video not 5.8G video, so the only real option may be the Dock King and a module. They say that they can really help because the antennas are not near our heads which blocks signal almost completely due to size and all the water in our brains are both RF blockers. And it is still instead of, like me, doing my best Stevie Wonder when in the goggles ;)

yea that's him on the back. Ive done it twice.. last time was three years ago.
the flathead river produces class 5 waves between 10k cfs and 7k cfs. its at 9k right now and getting nasty. those pictures, the first is 22k cfs him and gf two weeks ago at 11k
as the winter runoff is freed from the dam and the level goes down, the rocks start to have better effect.

Reactions: Wayno52
Hey JJ, I was one of the backers for the V2, it is geared towards whoops since it charges 1s whoop batts and is laid out to hold your whoop inside. The V1 was not a sold product, it was the concept piece that Lunch gave to people to see if there would be interest in producing it, needless to say that went well.

i think i should look for better quality than this, but its so packaged and simple. if all i want is a viewer, this would work.

I'm rebuilding the 3" cerberus this weekend. same stack, new motors and better built. it was a BNF that flew 972 batteries before being fingered this weekend.15334896317643770700360306550904.jpg
gotta mount the vtx and its done..

heres the newly rebuilt Cerb v2. I wore out the printed parts.. motor protectors and the gopro mount was getting loose. in anycase it needed a good cleaning.
wearing out parts on a race quad (other than props), means I'm flying alot. that's ALL that counts.
15334920803523742473674001086257.jpg

done, but two motors on the left side turn backwards and it was a ***** to solder from underneath. 15334975937308675498159297248389.jpg
so now the best resolution is reprogrmming. how is this best done for a raceflight stack?

i can't just swap motor wires without taking it back apart. I'm not familiar with raceflight like with betaflight but someone on here is a raceflight demigod im sure. all i need is to change motor direction on two.
its a beastly 3" and tough as nails to learn new tricks on. no gopro on board, no pressure... just rip

[QUOTE="the new Furious FPV Dock King ($88), it is probably only economical if you already use a True-D in your goggles and it is 3.5 hardware. [/QUOTE]
the Dock king is probably the way i should go and work to build a presentable but transportable unit from it? that's alot of crafting on my part.
15335014521655543344243917830723.jpg
If it's not easy to transport and setup, i won't use it 80% of the time. the ground station should be simple setup and powerful... eg as good at least as my HD3 headset alone. I was seduceded in this case to the "lunch box" packaging.

If you are running BLHeli ESC's you should be able to do it in BLHS or BLHC, I had to do that for most of my birds to run reverse props.
Daluchbox isn't a low end item and has some nice features, but it also is not small and portable for the purpose of a ground station as a Dock King would be.
The reason I went ahead is because it will be a collectors item one day I believe, and certainly a conversation piece immediately, plus I will put it to good use until then ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax